My History

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Booky Burtons

I have a lovely, talented and generous friend named Jenika.
This lovely, talented, and generous friend is starting her photography business and offered to take family pictures for us.
We have never had professional family pictures taken, and we were so grateful for her offer.
This past Thursday we met her at Meadowbrook Park with some of our favorite books for our shoot.
Jenika doesn't like to take static, posed photographs. Her style is natural and true to life.
Prior to the shoot Jenika questioned us about what our family likes to do etc. in order to conceptualize a shoot for us. She combined our love of nature and of books.
We think she did a fabulous job!
Click HERE to see our pictures (and don't forget to leave her a comment of how good she is... or how cute our kids are... whatever... Oh! AND come back to THIS blog and tell me what you think!)
Then Click HERE and HERE and HERE to see my favorite shoots she has done thus far (our family shoot excepted of course).
What a talent!
Thank you again Jenika!
PS- Grandma Carmen... recognize the pearls? I love them.

10 comments:

deemom said...

OH OH OH How I would give ANYTHING to have pictures like that with our children. THEY are fabulous!!! SO SAD that Jenika is in Illinois. APRIL and CO would have so much fun with these kind of pics. love aunt deedee

katers said...

Those are so cute they made me cry! Ash, you are so beautiful! Want to know which ones are my favorite? ALL of the pictures with Aly in them, (what a ham!) and the ones of you and Corey. Why oh why do you guys live so far away?!

Jerry and Carmen said...

Super!! Great!! Fabulous!!
We are soooo thankful for this technology!!!

Jenika said...

Ashlee, you are so sweet. Thank you for the kind words! I'm so glad the photos were meaningful to you and well-received by your family and friends. I LOVED spending time with you guys, it was a total pleasure.

By the way - you can tell "deemom" that I do usually find myself in Utah once a year. :-)

coryshay said...

Sooooo amazing!! She did such a great job! It made me so wish that we lived close to each other so that your boys could play with my jocelyn and they could read books together! There were too many favorites to list, but I especially love the one of Aly's smooshed face, and the one of the two boys between you and corey's hands. I love Corey's ring and I love (etc. etc. etc.)

coryshay said...

p.s. I got your sweet birthday wish, and I just have been a crazy woman and haven't written you back yet. Just wanted you to know I appreciate you thinking of me, and I will write back, I promise!

Rachel and Todd said...

Wow, wow, wow! Jenika is amazing, and your family is just one-of-a-kind special and beautiful. You made that flower in your hair? It's so pretty! How did you do it? I would love it learn how to make something like that. Gosh, Ash, you are just one classy lady.

Cal and Whit said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am in love! What absolutely darling pictures, so so you! You look stunning Ash and Corey looks so great! Those boys, well, they just certainly can't get any cuter!! Cal and I just sat and looked at each one, several times over. We just love you. So much. And we absolutely loved these adorable, endearing, sweet, pictures of our favorite people! Also, I agree with Katie, they made me cry too!

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

I just wanted to let you know that you won the Grand Prize, the painting of "My Beloved Son" on my blog! Please email me your address and contact information (like a phone number and email) so I can have the artist send it to you. Congrats!

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

oh my emails is heatherlady at gmail.com