My History

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our Pal Henry

A while back my dear friend RACHEL and her sweet husband Todd took a trip to Chicago for their anniversary, and we had the pleasure of watching their son Henry for a whole day! The boys love Henry. Like LOVE Henry. I'm not sure what it is, but they think of him as one of their own!

We started off the morning with a trip to Beachies in Amish Country. Jack rode with Gram and Grandpa, while Alaster and Henry came with me and Corey. Alaster liked his new car companion very much and happily shared his kettle corn Gram had brought him from the farmers market with him:




After lunch we took Henry to the Stuki's pool. Bless the Stuki's for letting us use this pool. More about that in a forthcoming post. Gram, Grandpa and Oscar took us and everyone was so impressed with Henry's bravery in the pool!









Sheesh Jack, lighten up...I said it was okay to have those drinks...

After fun at the pool we headed home for baths and some play time before going back to Gram and Grandpa's for a BBQ. Rachel and Todd picked up an intensely tired Henry at the BBQ and stayed for a while to chat.
I love my friend Rachel. A lot. I think she's one of the cutest mom's and nicest people I know. Can I show you an adorable picture? One night Corey and I dropped the boys off at their house and had a date. When we went to pick them up we found them all walking slowly like this on the way back to Todd and Rachel's house from playing at their community playground:

How adorable are they all strung out like that?

Thanks Rachel and Todd for letting us have your Henry for a day! It was a blast, and he's welcome any time!

3 comments:

Emily Dawn said...

what fun posts you had tonight. i read them all. jack looks so much like you, it's crazy!!! both of them are so cute!

Rachel and Todd said...

Oh, gosh, how did I miss this post!? I thought I had seen these pictures on my reader at one time but when I went to see it on your blog I somehow missed it. I love the pictures! I bet Henry just drank that lemonade like crazy. He loves that stuff. Your boys are so cute. Thanks for your kind words! I just think YOU are the cutest mom. I'm so glad we're here together. You're the best, Ashlee!!

Cal and Whit said...

I seriously can't get past the picture of Jack with the pop, and what you said below it! I have laughed at that for days! Love it!