My History

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What Brothers Are Good For no. 10

Someone to hang out with.

Get it? Hang? Hahahaha. I kill myself.

I got these shots this morning on the playground before school.
I have learned that in order for Jack to have a happy and successful drop off at school it is absolutely necessary that he has time to play on the playground before going in. Most days we are among the very first people there for this "first recess," as Jack calls it. This full day Kindergarten business has definitely been an adjustment for him, and if going 20 mintues early to play will help him... then by golly 20 minutes early it is!

And I must say that although Jack is quite popular already, with kids all over calling his name and wanting him to go play with them, he still puts his little brother first. He'll ask Alaster in the car on the way over what they should play that morning and then when we arrive... off they go! It makes me so proud of him.
We have always told them... and will always tell them... no matter how much you love your friends at church, school or wherever, your family should be your best friends. Jack and Alaster say best buddies. When they are happy at each other it's "You're my best buddy!" when they aren't... "You are NOT my buddy." etc.
And since we are showing playground shots here's a few more.
The hip playground lingo for this move is the 'baby crab,':
I'm not sure what this one is called:


Hope you are having a good night!

5 comments:

Emily Dawn said...

i love the baby crab! i love and miss you so much. are you coming in october? we need a phone date.

emily

Rebecca said...

SO CUTE! "hang" -HA!

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear that they understand so well that they are always going to be friends. I have to work on that one.

coryshay said...

That is awesome! What good brothers!

Cal and Whit said...

ha ha! Totally laughing right now, even if this is my seventh or eigth time looking at this post! I love the one of Alaster hanging and we can only see the back of him, and that one of jack doing the spider! ha! I love those!!! SO SO SO CUTE!