My History

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Part 1

Well tonight it's all over, but before it officially ends let me tell you what we did.

One of our favorite parts of decorating for Halloween is getting out the Halloween books. I am pretty sure Grama Cindy has bought each and every one of these for us :). Our favorites are in the top right corner. Both boys can recite "Five Little Pumpkins," by heart.

New to the list this year was "The Best Halloween Ever." We've been reading a chapter a night and are almost done.
In the bottom left of the collage is some art work created by Jack. Alaster participated too but destroyed his before I could take a picture. They were these fun sticker kits that Gram bought them. She had several fun crafty things for them throughout the month. I'm sad this was the only one I got a picture of! They loved it Gram!

Last Saturday was the ward Trunk-Or-Treat. It's the most well attended ward party of the year! The boys donned their costumes and before we headed over to the church we made a quick stop to show Gram and Grandpa.

No, we're not totally sure why Alaster wanted to be Robin. He just liked the costume when he saw it hanging there I think. I wanted him to be Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks- oldschool style. Wouldn't that have been cute? I'm afraid the days of choosing the boys costumes for them is long gone. Jack FINALLY got to be a vampire. He has wanted to for 2 years now. I was a little iffy about it... but hey... my brother Calvin was a vampire when he was little and he turned out more than alright.

As we put Jack's make up on he talked about how excited he was to "scare all the little kids." I think he was too busy figuring out the teeth to ever actually follow through with that plan though.

We had so much fun at the Trunk-Or-Treat! Can you spot our pal Henry in his cute detective costume? What a cute little Sherlock! After the Trunk-Or-Treat part was over the boys ran all around with their friends in the parking lot while Corey and I chatted with people. And the missionaries came as each other and found out who their true friends are. WE noticed the tags were switched! 5 Points to us!

After FHE on Monday this week it was time to carve the pumpkin. Jack has come a long way. He helped take the seeds out... although as you can see... Alaster's not quite up for that yet. But they were both so pleased that Dad let them help cut. Jack designed the face for us on a sheet of paper and Corey made it a reality.

4 comments:

katers said...

Ha! I love the picture of Aly in the bottom right corner! So cute!

Stephanie said...

What a great Halloween celebration. Wow, your boys have some awesome grandparents! I love the idea of Halloween pizza. Luckily we live in the bible belt so trick or treating was held on Saturday, during posted hours of course.

Emily Dawn said...

So Aly is super cute! I can hardly stand it! Jack is such a big boy. Don't mess with him!

Hey, I need your new number. I lost it:(

Love, em

Rachel and Todd said...

What a spectacular Halloween! Your boys are strapping young lads. I still get the giggles when I think of Aly running with a pink guitar chanting, "I'm a rock star!"