I also attempted banana ghosts which were a complete and utter failure and had to be replaced by plain-ol' chocolate chip cookies. Boring. They were frozen bananas dipped in white chocolate with mini-chocolate chip eyes and raisin mouths. I think they are meant to be made with just 1 or 2 at a time and then frozen again and eaten directly out of the freezer. I did so many that they started to get all ooey gooey on the counter and I realized even if I was able to get them frozen again they would be ruined by the time I got them to the school. Darn it! Such a waste!
My camera ran out of batteries after I got this first shot of the kids waiting on the carpet to be assigned to their stations. We had 6 different stations: Food, Halloween coloring pages, Pin the Face on the Pumpkin, Bean Bag toss (through a big cardboard ghost's mouth), Pumpkin Painting,
Trick-Or-Treating happened on Sunday here so we didn't participate. The boys got to do the Trunk-Or-Treat last Sat. and then last night we had a party with Gram and Grandpa. Who needs Trick-Or-Treating anyway?!?
Gram put on a fabulous meal for us and we spent the evening playing. The boys pulled out the lego's and throughout the evening they could Trick-Or-Treat Gram who had made them each a little Halloween Bag and had plenty of goodies to share! There were bubbles "Boison Bubbles," as Alaster called them (poison bubbles), Vampire Pez dispensers, Buzz and Woody cars, glow sticks, and treats. What a fun Gram! I think Alaster wore her out by the end of the night. He just kept on comin' back for more!
And the tray with veggies was a kitty! Cute huh?!? We had that at dinner.
After playing for a while we noticed Hocus Pocus was on TV and we all relaxed to watch. Gram broke away with the boys and made Halloween Kabobs. Darling!
As usual, before we left Cindy loaded us up with all kinds of goodies, leftover dinner, and special surprises. She always does so much to take care of our little family. We love you Gram! And I'm so sad I didn't get a picture of the cupcakes you made! They were so cute!
Last but not least tonight we had our traditional Homemade Halloween Pizzas for dinner. It was the only Halloweeney thing we did all day. And you have to eat dinner on Sunday anyway right?!? There's no rule that it can't be cute.




3 comments:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: you are the cutest mom ever!! I love the orange pumpkin fruit salad. SO cute. I will copy that next year.
Would you think I was a scroogey mom to know that we don't ever trick-or-treat in our neighborhood? Actually most of the kids around here don't. We hit the trunk-or-treat and call it good...and spend the rest of the time visiting family and neighbors that save special treats for us if we come show off the costumes. ;)
Oh, and my guesses on the pizzas are top to bottom, left to right, Aly, Jack, Corey, Ashlee. Was I even close?
love the halloween pics!
Post a Comment