For my Family who I think would want to know the following:
Due date?
June 10, 2011.
Did you know when you were in Utah?
Due date?
June 10, 2011.
Did you know when you were in Utah?
Yes. This was a very planned-for baby and we basically knew from day one when I was pregnant. Dates are certain.
It was extremely difficult not to spill the beans (although I gave plenty of hints I'm sure) but that weekend wasn't about me.
It was extremely difficult not to spill the beans (although I gave plenty of hints I'm sure) but that weekend wasn't about me.
How do you feel about another baby?
The decision to have this baby took faith. Lots of it. But we could not be more thrilled about having another child. I get teary thinking about holding and caring for a newborn again. My arms crave it! We feel so much that our family is missing someone. We are ready for a new face around here!
Jack and Alaster are thrilled. You should have seen the look on Jack's face when we told him!
Jack emphatically wants a Sister. Aly initially said that if it was a girl "I will sit on her," but lately has warmed up to the idea of it. He still would prefer a brother.
Corey and I don't care either way. REALLY!
Are you doing anything different this time around?
Well... we so much don't care whether the baby is a boy or a girl that we are not finding out until delivery. Won't that be fun?!?
I am seeing a group of midwives this time that have their practice in Carle Hospital where I will deliver.
This will be an unmedicated birth.
I absolutely refuse to have another spinal headache, and I have wanted to experience an unmedicated birth for a long time. I still kick myself for not telling that nurse to go away and leave me in the tub with Alaster's birth.
How are you feeling physically?
The decision to have this baby took faith. Lots of it. But we could not be more thrilled about having another child. I get teary thinking about holding and caring for a newborn again. My arms crave it! We feel so much that our family is missing someone. We are ready for a new face around here!
Jack and Alaster are thrilled. You should have seen the look on Jack's face when we told him!
Jack emphatically wants a Sister. Aly initially said that if it was a girl "I will sit on her," but lately has warmed up to the idea of it. He still would prefer a brother.
Corey and I don't care either way. REALLY!
Are you doing anything different this time around?
Well... we so much don't care whether the baby is a boy or a girl that we are not finding out until delivery. Won't that be fun?!?
I am seeing a group of midwives this time that have their practice in Carle Hospital where I will deliver.
This will be an unmedicated birth.
I absolutely refuse to have another spinal headache, and I have wanted to experience an unmedicated birth for a long time. I still kick myself for not telling that nurse to go away and leave me in the tub with Alaster's birth.
How are you feeling physically?
Miserable... pathetic... awful... that about sums it up!
Except that I'm so excited to have another baby. At first I would say "Well I'm sicker than I was with Alaster but not nearly as bad as with Jack..." but after spending last Sunday entirely confined to the bed save a PEC meeting and a meeting with the Bishop, then missing two days of work as well... we decided it has gotten just as bad as with Jack except less puking. I have nausea 24/7, it starts out minor and gets progressively worse throughout rest of the day. By the time I go to bed I am just... wretched. It's kind of gotten worse throughout the pregnancy too. It's been particularly bad this week. But when it gets really hard I picture a newborn baby in white snuggled against my chest and I am at peace.
Have you chosen a name yet?
Yes. For a girl it is 100% set in stone not going to change:
Rosamund Elizabeth Burton
to be called Rose or Rosy.
(do not even think of spelling it Rosie or Rosey or any other variation)
(Aunt Dee- Sounds like one of YOUR grandgirls huh?!? I couldn't help thinking of April when we decided for sure. I thought she would approve of the choice.)
and for a boy we are about 95% certain... so I'll go ahead and tell you although we reserve the right to change our minds on this one:
Truman Matthew Larsen Burton
Middle Names are set in stone. If anything is to change it would be Truman.
Seriously? You'd do that to the poor boy?
What?!? We did it to Jack. We like lots of meaningful syllables.
Jack Edward Robert Burton= 7 syllables
Alaster Morgan Burton= 7 syllables
Rosamund Elizabeth Burton= 9 syllables
Truman Matthew Larsen Burton=8 syllables
Each and every one of the names in both the boy and the girl option (and for Jack and Alaster as well) are meaningful and important to us. After delivery I will post an explanation of why we chose the name that we did... and probably the meaning of the one that ends up not being used too just for fun.
So there you have it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask! I absolutely LOVE to talk about it!
Except that I'm so excited to have another baby. At first I would say "Well I'm sicker than I was with Alaster but not nearly as bad as with Jack..." but after spending last Sunday entirely confined to the bed save a PEC meeting and a meeting with the Bishop, then missing two days of work as well... we decided it has gotten just as bad as with Jack except less puking. I have nausea 24/7, it starts out minor and gets progressively worse throughout rest of the day. By the time I go to bed I am just... wretched. It's kind of gotten worse throughout the pregnancy too. It's been particularly bad this week. But when it gets really hard I picture a newborn baby in white snuggled against my chest and I am at peace.
Have you chosen a name yet?
Yes. For a girl it is 100% set in stone not going to change:
Rosamund Elizabeth Burton
to be called Rose or Rosy.
(do not even think of spelling it Rosie or Rosey or any other variation)
(Aunt Dee- Sounds like one of YOUR grandgirls huh?!? I couldn't help thinking of April when we decided for sure. I thought she would approve of the choice.)
and for a boy we are about 95% certain... so I'll go ahead and tell you although we reserve the right to change our minds on this one:
Truman Matthew Larsen Burton
Middle Names are set in stone. If anything is to change it would be Truman.
Seriously? You'd do that to the poor boy?
What?!? We did it to Jack. We like lots of meaningful syllables.
Jack Edward Robert Burton= 7 syllables
Alaster Morgan Burton= 7 syllables
Rosamund Elizabeth Burton= 9 syllables
Truman Matthew Larsen Burton=8 syllables
Each and every one of the names in both the boy and the girl option (and for Jack and Alaster as well) are meaningful and important to us. After delivery I will post an explanation of why we chose the name that we did... and probably the meaning of the one that ends up not being used too just for fun.
So there you have it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask! I absolutely LOVE to talk about it!
19 comments:
YAHOO!!!!!!!!!
We are so pleased that you are not opening the presents ahead of time!
Tears come to our eyes when we see your choice for a girls mane.
Love to app Gram & PaPa
OOPs
Well forgive an old man who cannot type and is dislexic
Yippie sis! Ada's hoping for a little GIRL cousin!
I suspected and I dreamed a little girl for someone the other night- I used to dream them for Natalie so maybe the next generation now? We are soooo happy for you!
Love you all!
Aunt Shir
I thought you looked a bit green around the gills!!! WAHOO!!! we are so excited about this you can hardly believe how excited we are. LOVE AND HUGGS AND KISSES AND WAHOO.
love aunt deedee
Congrats! That's so exciting. Except of course the sick part. I hope you feel better soon.
CONGRATS!!! You talking about your excitement for a newborn gets me all excited and then I remember....I have one! I love the names, for the record. Rose is sweet and feminine, as it should be (Our girl name would have been Ivy Ladelle Andersen) and Truman is strong and masculine, as it should be.
I could never wait until birth to find out the gender...no patience and stresses me out not being able to prep as much as possible.
I'm excited to hear your birth experience. I have had 2 naturally now...one was wonderful and magical and cool and one was stressful and frustrating. Both AMAZING when that baby actually comes out, though. It's the coolest feeling ever.
Congrats, again! Hope the sickness goes away soon...
That is great news. Congratulations!
So excited for you guys!!! I remember the day that we took off spur of the moment and went looking for a Walgreens and a Burger King. Burger King, because you were hungry or something and Walgreens for a cute little test to check to see if you were having baby #2. I can't believe all this time has passed. Jack is getting so big!!!
Let us know when you are in Utah again :)
YEA for baby #3!!! I hope your awful, yuckiness goes away soon. I try not to think too much about those days because it ruins the excitment of thinking of future children. Hang in there. And talk about patience. I could never wait until the end. Like Hannah I am a planning kind of girl.
So excited for you, Ash! Your kids are so lucky to have you.
Congrats! The midwives are great! All three of our kids was delivered by a different midwife or midhusband :) in Captain E's case. Sorry you feel so sick. The worst part of being preggo I swear!!!
I am so happy you shared this, Ashlee! What a joy it is going to be for all of you to get to know Rosamund!
Yeah! Congratulation, I am so excited for you.
Holy cow!!!!!!! I was wondering when you asked who my doctor was, but I didn't want to get suspicious . . . I am so THRILLED for you! I have to tell you from first hand experience (again) that there is NOTHING sweeter than holding a newborn, and there is NOTHING greater than being a mom. June 10th--that's my sister's birthday! I'm thinking yours is a girl . . . I'm sorry you're so sick, but it's a good thing! Hooray! Congratulations.
AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is how excited I am for you! Seriously!! I was so sick the day you visited me and I thought I was pregnant at the time (I'm not, p.s.) but you were!!! I am soooo excited for you. So excited that I wish I could come and do your laundry and make your family food so you could stay in bed all day long! I'm sorry you're so miserable... I hope in two weeks it levels off. Big hugs!
Ashlee and Corey! Congratulations! I am so so so thrilled for you both. You are amazing parents and it fills me with joy to think of you adding two little more feet to your home. Oh my goodness. I'm sorry you're feeling so sick, Ashlee. Even though I'm not your VT anymore, I want you to call me if I can help, bring you food, or take care of your kiddos if you need a break OK? Can't wait to congratulate you in person. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! (P.S. I LOVE those names - just darling, and perfect for you guys.)
Yay, friend! I just saw this and got so excited to have another pregnant friend. I hope we have babies of the same gender so they can be buddies. Congrats! And I hope the illness lets up soon. Oh and by the way, our neighbor's name is Rosy, and she is about the sweetest, most positive girl I know, so I love the name. I also love Truman. I think both of the names fit very well with Jack and Alaster. I'm a big fan of having names that all kind of follow a general theme.
SO EXCITED for you, and for this sweet baby! What a lucky little one to get to come be in your family!
Post a Comment