We scuffled to our coveted pew seats where Cindy had been camped out since 8:00am.
After settling in I leaned over to Cindy: "So what's the protocol when he comes in? Do we stand?"
Joe Stuki said we stand, so stand we will.
Alaster and Jack know he is coming and they stand when we tell them to. Everyone stands, and the completely packed audience suddenly goes quiet out of respect.
Now we really have Alaster's attention.
A further explanation is required and we quickly explain.
He wants to know who Elder Bednar is but he can't see him.
I have a very clear shot so I pull him up to me and let him stand on the bench now that everyone is sitting down and chatting has resumed.
I try to explain "He's the one with the red tie." But President Lunt is wearing a red tie too so he is confused and still looking around.
Suddenly we have his attention and an amused and friendly smile comes over his face. He looks right at Alaster and a hand comes up with a friendly little wave. I tell him "Look Aly! That's Elder Bendar! He's waving right to you!" I grab his hand and we say a happy "Hello!"
The meeting was amazing.
Speakers with powerful calls to repentance.
Music that inspired and motivated.
And an apostolic blessing left which would "begin with the singing of the closing hymn, How Firm a Foundation," and would bless each of us with immediate assistance from the enabling power of the Atonement and continue on.
I am determined (among other things taught) to not only have a testimony... for as Elder Bednar said "that simply will not be enough," but I am trying to be converted... something that starts with testimony but is so, so much more.
What a beautiful, beautiful day.
After settling in I leaned over to Cindy: "So what's the protocol when he comes in? Do we stand?"
Joe Stuki said we stand, so stand we will.
Alaster and Jack know he is coming and they stand when we tell them to. Everyone stands, and the completely packed audience suddenly goes quiet out of respect.
Now we really have Alaster's attention.
A further explanation is required and we quickly explain.
He wants to know who Elder Bednar is but he can't see him.
I have a very clear shot so I pull him up to me and let him stand on the bench now that everyone is sitting down and chatting has resumed.
I try to explain "He's the one with the red tie." But President Lunt is wearing a red tie too so he is confused and still looking around.
Suddenly we have his attention and an amused and friendly smile comes over his face. He looks right at Alaster and a hand comes up with a friendly little wave. I tell him "Look Aly! That's Elder Bendar! He's waving right to you!" I grab his hand and we say a happy "Hello!"
The meeting was amazing.
Speakers with powerful calls to repentance.
Music that inspired and motivated.
And an apostolic blessing left which would "begin with the singing of the closing hymn, How Firm a Foundation," and would bless each of us with immediate assistance from the enabling power of the Atonement and continue on.
I am determined (among other things taught) to not only have a testimony... for as Elder Bednar said "that simply will not be enough," but I am trying to be converted... something that starts with testimony but is so, so much more.
What a beautiful, beautiful day.
1 comment:
The first time I remember an apostlic blessing was from Elder Neal A Maxwell when we lived in Charlottesville, VA. AND I WAS THE RELIEF SOCIETY PRES!!!! how is that for coincidence. IT is amazing when your children begin to recognize the Saviors Apostles. HAVE A GREAT WEEK. love aunt deedee
Post a Comment