My History

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Am Thankful For...

Throughout the month of November we tried to focus on what we were thankful for, as I'm sure you did as well. We brought out TOM TURKEY again, and the boys were wonderful about wanting to use him at every possible opportunity. Aly was excited to talk about "feeding him our blessings." And more than once each of the boys thanked Heavenly Father in their prayers for Tom. Some of the thoughts they expressed on their slips remembering their blessings were so sweet and so insightful! I am a fan of Tom Turkey!

For me this season the number one thing that kept coming back to me is how grateful I am for my family:

(Fridge Art Courtesy of Jack)
And not just our little 4-some.
I am incredibly grateful for my over-the-top wonderful extended family. Sometimes when I am tempted to feel forsaken or unloved by God the thought will come to me that I need to remember my blessings. Without fail the first blessing that I think of is my family, and I am immediately humbled by what a show of love it is from my Heavenly Father that he would want me to be a part of them and have them in my life. I am convinced (as I'm sure many of you are as well) that I was sent to the best family on earth.
They are always, as in always there when I need them.
Plus they are funny and cute and quirky and crazy and talented and amazing and I am just in love with them all.

So dear family... both the one I was born into and the one I married into... I love you. Each and every one of you. I really do. You were on my mind all of November and you are in my heart forever.

Happy-Late-Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am so glad Aly is such a good sunbeam. Benjamin's nursury class had a little graduation ceremony. We had been out late the night before so he was particularly whiny and refused to leave the toys. I hope this week goes better. What sweet pictures of your boys together. It always inspires me to what my boys may be like. I need to get us a Tom turkey. He sounds great!