My History

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The New Look of Our Family

Come June:
As a family we headed to Carle yesterday morning for the big ultrasound!
All morning I buzzed around the house singing "today is a wonderful day!" from my Challenger past.
Even Corey who had worked all night got up after only a couple hours of sleep to be there. He wouldn't have missed it for the world!
Our baby is healthy as can be, and so, so cute already! I tell you what... ultrasound technology has improved even since Alaster was in utero. Wow! It was so clear!

Jack was the only dissapointed one when we told him he was having a brother. His words: "WHAT?!? But I thought it was a sister!" Alaster shouted "Now we'll have FOUR boys in our family!" That was the only time he was interested in the whole thing. The rest of the time he just kept saying "Are we done yet?"... oh yeah! And Corey made this comment about "little chuck," referring to Truman, and Aly a few minutes later asked "When is little Chuck coming out?" That made us all laugh.
Jack got over his dissapointment pretty quickly it seems. Already Truman is being included in the games and conversation around here. Aly arranged his "train guys," (pictured above) like that when we got home. He and Jack went through and decided who was who. They put Truman next to me because "he needs you mom."

Our favorite part of the ultrasound: when Truman waved to us. Oh yes he did! The technician was taking head measurements of some kind and we see this little arm come right up by his face and then there were distinct waving motions with fingers outstretched and everything! Then the waving motion stopped so he could open and close his hands in greeting for a few seconds. Jack thought that was pretty cool. He asked "How does he know we're here?!?"

We could not be more excited to welcome another baby boy to the family. Our minds are all kinds of curious to know what he will look like... what his personality will be like etc. Jack and Aly are so different. I had a friend tell me just this week that she has never seen two such different body types and looks in one family before. Will Truman be like Jack? Aly? Something totally new? We can't wait to see.

When I told my boss at work she was excited for us but then told me "It is an interesting dynamic though to have all boys... they tend to be... kind of... I don't know... you'll have to be careful to teach them sensitivity." Or something to that effect. Oh little does she know that we have the sweetest little boys on earth! I'm convinced they are just as sweet and wonderful as any little girl!

So I guess we still won't know what a little Burton Girl is like... but you know what? It's okay. We know what little Burton Boys are like, and we are huge, HUGE fans!

Welcome to the Family little Truman!

A note of explanation: I know I said we weren't finding out the sex of the baby. We changed our minds for reasons of our own, which... and don't take this the wrong way... I don't really want to say because I'm trying not to care what you think. (yes I am slightly embarrassed)

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Yea for all boys!! It is the way to go! I, for one, am so happy you found out what you are having. (Not that it matters what I think at all). I get such anxiety when people don't find out. :) Congrats!

deemom said...

yeah for knowing and we don't think any less of you cause you found out.... it is hard for little kids to wait and the siblings have the hardest time if they are really smart like your boys.... WE ARE SO EXCITED TO ADD TO THE BOY COLUMN.... April loves for other cousins to have boys!!!! love aunt deedee

Rachel and Todd said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! I've been meaning to call you the past 2 days to find out for myself! Wow. A BOY! You know what this means: automatic admittance into the Celestial Kingdom--Bednar doctrine. Congratulations!!

Katie Parent said...

Yay!! Congrats! We are so happy for another awesome Burton boy!

coryshay said...

A Boy! A Boy! A Boy!! I think that if you two are capable of making such darling and intelligent and sweet boys, you should go right on doing it!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey- I had three boys and Aunt Nattie has three boys- you just joined a pretty fun club!! We can save the girlie stuff for the next one (wink, wink)

Love you all!

Diana said...

I am so excited for you! Boys are so much fun! And even though I haven't met yours, I am already in love. :) They sound like the sweetest most wonderful boys in the world. Congratulations! Truman is a lucky boy to be coming to such amazing parents.

Jen said...

Ash,

I'm a terrible blog commenter, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm so excited for you! I have no doubt that you are a wonderful mother, and this is another lucky boy to have you. You are one of my heroes, just so you know. I love that I can keep up with you via blogs, even though I haven't seen you in years. Love you lots and lots.