For Christmas I gave my little artist a Dry Erase Board and a rainbow of Expo Markers.
(This was also a gift to the environment. You would not believe how much paper that kid blows through!)
My favorite thing he uses it for is to write us notes:
(This was also a gift to the environment. You would not believe how much paper that kid blows through!)
My favorite thing he uses it for is to write us notes:
These are just a few examples.
Top Left: Can I have KiX (meaning the cereal) please, I love them
Top Right: Aly is my favorite person to play star wars with
Bottom Left: I love you so much, love Jack, for real
Bottom Center: Dear Mom, I love you so much, from Jack
Bottom Left: 100 points is how much I love you
How sweet is that?!?
The bottom center note he gave me on a particularly rough day.
Due to work, things that needed to be accomplished around the house, and Relief Society responsibilities I had basically not spent 2 minutes with the boys. I was pretty bummed out about it. Days like that are hard!
When I walked through the door returning from work that evening I saw that note sitting on the floor propped up so it would be the first thing I saw when I came in.
I wanted to cry.
Later that night I gave Jack a hug and told him how much it meant to me, and he said "That's why I made it, because you work so hard for us."
I am one lucky mommy, I tell you what.
PS- Jack's handwriting is really improving don't you think? When he takes his time his letters look like the one in my special love note (bottom center). I tell him sometimes "Your handwriting is already better than Uncle Cal's!" Ha ha! Love you brother!

4 comments:
100 points is how much I love you?
I love that kid... he is a keeper for sure!
what kind of kid thinks up stuff like that.... I love you 100 points.... OH YEAH our family has their share of GENIUSES!!!! And Cal's handwriting is better than that but not much.... love you Cal..love aunt deedee
very cute!!!
Seriously....melt my heart.
Post a Comment