My History

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Best Day of February

Raise your hand if you love Valentines Day!
Ooooh, Oooh Me!
It's my FAVORITE!
Always has been.
Always.

Thankfully... even though my little family doesn't join me in everything I love... It's A Wonderful Life... Mushrooms.... Jane Eyre... Hot Pink... Polka Dots... Little Women... etc...
They DO join me in my love of non-major-holiday frivolity.

Welcome Valentines Day 2011!

Jack had a V-Day party at school which I missed because I was off with my lover in Saint Louis (more on that to come), but by all accounts it was a great party!

Here are a few of the things he came home with:


I absolutely love the heart he made me, and get a load of that Valentine Envelope!
Ha! Corey and I got quite a kick out of how he decorated it. I'm not sure which part is my favorite... the "flopy, sklopy, choky, sloky, floky," part with the alternating colored letters... the Spiderman wearing a party hat... the curly-cues... it's all classic Jack really.
Valentines Day morning brought the traditional Mommy-Love-Notes and Treats:

And Surprise Decorations:

I was worried that the boys wouldn't really care about them and that I was wasting time, but while still in bed I heard Jack say "Wow! I love these hearts you made!" And they have been looking and talking about them all day. Corey was really sweet about them too and told me he was "glad you do these things."
Note: If you are a side-post-update-clicker click on my header and keep a scrollin' cause there is more and I will be sad if you don't see it.

4 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

So SO SO Cute! We loved Jack's valentine to you, and yours to your three boys! Also, those decorations are darling! We loved reading these Valentines Day posts! We laughed so hard at Corey's and Aly's conversation in the car, that boy gets me every time! That breakfast looks so delicious! Whoot whoot for Chocolate and Strawberries on valentines! What a sweet Idea from Corey as well! We love you guys! We are so glad you had a happy day!

Emily Dawn said...

look how cute you are! what a fun valentines day at the Burton's.

deemom said...

Now I know how to celebrate Valentine's Day in SUPER DUPER fashion..... Breakfast will be the start of a lovely day NEXT YEAR!!! love aunt deedee

Rachel and Todd said...

I love the hanging hearts; I bet that took a lot of time. How sweet to write a love note and give a candy bag to all of your boys. You continually amaze me!