My History

Monday, February 14, 2011

I know I always want to make a special Valentines Day Breakfast, but I don't want to make the same thing every year. I have decided that each year it will include strawberries (because what is Valentines Day without sugar cookies and strawberries?) but other than that I plan on doing whatever suits my fancy that year.

This year: Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins and Morning Glazed Strawberries:

Jack loved them the most I think.
After breakfast we took Jack to school and then I had fun with this little boy:
Alaster put together a guest list and we threw him a little Valentines Day Party. It was the very first party/event in his life that didn't include Jack! Wow! He was excited to have something with his friends that was all his thing... not in a selfish way, but in a 'wow I'm so big!' kind of way... if that makes sense. His very loyal heart told me that Jack is his favorite friend when we were driving home from dropping him off. I think he was contemplating the idea of something on his own with out his bestest brother. Sweet.

Anyway...

We started the party off with making Valentines. The idea was to make THESE, but it ended up just being fun to stamp and create. Kids are easy that way huh?!? A big thank you to Corey for making 8 Carrot Heart Stamps. What a guy!

I didn't get a picture of the kiddos playing the next game, but you can see the heart tins... it was your basic throw-a-bean-bag and get some points game. Last but not least: Bingo with Candy Hearts.


The last planned party activity was sugar cookie decorating. Yummy! AND... guess what?!? I finally made good cut-out sugar cookies! Yay! I thought it would never happen! Thank you Whitney for the perfect recipe! Thick, soft, delicious, perfect.

One more scroll and you'll be done...

2 comments:

Jenika said...

How FUN! What a fun mommy you are!!

Oh, any chance of you sharing that sugar cookie recipe? :-)

Rachel and Todd said...

Thanks for such a fun party! We loved it, even though at times we had to work through some tantrums . . . :)