He was happy to see us and waved/made faces at Alaster. When he stood up, he did a little twirl and showed us the tail he was so proud of. We had heard mostly about: the tail, making the instrument, and the battle (his favorite part of the play). He also talked about his favorite part of the dance: when he went: jump forward, smack the tambourine, jump back smack the tambourine and repeat. When they got to that part in the dance I was beaming because I knew he was loving it! His little face was concentrating so hard! I could tell he really wanted to do a good job.
Here they are in the dance:
(top left: ending position, top right and bottom left: dancy, dancy, and bottom right: the tambourine: seriously impressive in it's make and sound. What a creative art teacher!)
Jack-the-demon was one of the first on stage. He fought so hard in the battle! (top left) But ultimately was defeated (top right). Then his three best friends, Owen, Ethan, and Ayden came on stage as Ravana the Evil Demon King. They were so cute! They saw how Rama had defeated their demons and were so angry! (bottom left) Their lines were hilarious and performed in perfect unison. They had the crowd in the palm of their hands.
At this point the other dead demons... oh that sounds so bad! Jack just loved being cast as a demon though... I'm telling you it was the role of a lifetime to him! ANYWAY... the other dead demons crawled away and the play continued... but Jack forgot and layed on the floor for the rest of the play. Ha! It was so funny. At least he stayed still and didn't detract from the other actors.
All the kids did such a great job. It was obvious that a lot of time and effort had been put into all that they did. We couldn't have been prouder of our little demon!
Then Corey pulled them both up on to our bed where his is currently "teaching them a lesson," from what I can tell... there is lots of laughing... lots of screaming... and lots of please for help from me.
I best be off!



3 comments:
What a cute Jack. I love these proud kind of mommy moments. Enjoyed the collages of pictures. I have never met your Jack but with your pictures and your descriptions I feel like I have.
How adorable is that guy! I can't believe how big he is too!
We love that Jack and have been picturing this since you told me. We couldn't wait to see the pics in real life, and they are so dang adorable we just couldn't stand it. We laughed and loved on him from afar! We love this boy. so much.
Post a Comment