What your kids keep from you?
Sometimes Jack is chatty about his life... other times he keeps things to himself.
And sometimes I really do wonder... and maybe even worry?
So when Jack made a secret box to conceal his inner most thoughts and feelings I really, really wondered what it was he was furtively writing on those cards... eyes smug with the satisfaction of being the sole party to a good one!
Oh what could he be writing?!?!?!
Well, one morning I could stand it no longer.
I peeked.
He never said I couldn't... but I think it was understood. Should you really have to tell people to stay out when you clearly label it "Sykrit Box," after all?
Well I did it anyway. And I'm glad. And because I couldn't have been more tickled reading them I thought I would share them with you.
Behold! Jack's Secrets:
From top right to top left row by row:
I love my mom's birthday
Owen Jack, please come to my birthday party, you don't need to dance, we're not going to do dancing
(not so much a secret as an invitation... I think that one was supposed to go in his backpack but got misplaced since he wrote it on the same paper that he writes his secrets on)
I love united states
I don't like school and I do like school
March is my birthday
I know what it looks like inside your bones
(Oh!!!! I just know he thought that was a good one!)
I don't slide (?)
Batman is not powerful
Wow. I was right to worry. Those are some secrets!
I'll give a million dollars to someone who can guarantee me that his secrets will always be this sweet.

8 comments:
You've betrayed our son most heinously: not only breaking the unspoken agreement to not look inside his secret box, but to publish them for the world to see. For shame. When he goes to his first day of high school are you gonna run up behind him and pull his pants down in front of everyone, revealing his super hero underpants secret to everyone?
And when did we get purple carpet?
Alright, this is seriously the CUTEST THING, ever! Cal and I just read them and laughed and then almost cried at how adorable he is. I loved to get to read them in his handwriting. This is seriously a treasure. What a smart and darling little boy. Also, I totally love Corey's comment! :D
Just wanted to let you know that I just read Corey's comment out loud to Cal and he laughed and laughed. he loved it too!
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING...... That was the cutest THING EVER!!!! I just about laughed my pants off in the front of the school yard..... Corey don't worry he will one day do the same to his children and be just as tickled that now he knows how his mama felt...... love auntie deedee
A-dorable. So cute. :) I think that one might say, "I don't sleep"? Maybe?
He's one cute kid!
"I know what it looks like inside your bones"!!!!!! That was a laugh out loud. And the other favorite is "Batman is not powerful". Sad for Batman! This was adorable!
Those notes are AWESOME!!!
I agree with Carie I think that one says I don't sleep instead of slide that's what I thought.
Oh how I miss these Burtons of mine :(
Post a Comment