Well... Saturday finally came... and with it, the long awaited Birthday Bash!
(Thank you Aunt Dee Dee for those hillarious glasses, the boys had such fun with them!)
Saturday morning was full of preparations for Jack's United States Themed Party.
(Yes, of course he was the one that chose the theme. He told his friends " It's a United States party, because I LOVE the United States.")
All morning it was "Is it time for my party yet?"... we cleaned, finished last minute game preparations etc. Then after lunch Gram came over and we woke up Dad.
Gram set up for her craft portion of the party, and Dad finished the final touches on the cake with Jack. It was a red and blue cake, again... Jack's choices... and Daddy drew in icing the States (I am seriously impressed with his work... it's not actually that easy of a thing to do). Then when he woke up, he and Jack put in all the state flags that Corey made. I think it turned out wonderfully!
After those two things had been accomplished, all that was left was to wait for the guests to arrive. They came and ran around until everyone was present. When I went upstairs to collect the lot of them and start the first game this is what I found (top left picture):
The first game was musical chairs to none other than the Animaniacs States and Capitals song.
(Thank You Jenika!)
Keep scrollin'... this post is actually 3 posts long.
(I know I have offered this before... but a plate of cookies to anyone who can help me figure out how to load more than 4 images from Picasa to Blogger at a time!)


2 comments:
I don't know where to even start on my comments for this part of the Birthday Shindig post! Ok, um.....those boys in those glasses are absolutely hilarious and oh so cute! i love that! Corey, what an amazing job on the Cake! Whew, I couldn't have done that in pencil where I could erase my mistakes, Cal and I were both so impressed. We loved the cake, nice job! WE both laughed at the pic of them all under the bed, that was so cute. Also, i loved getting to peek at the new house! Whoot whoot! I love it. Oh, and the party list that Jack made is adorable! What a darling little boy who loves the United States!
What a FANTASTIC birthday party. You are so creative!! Jack's little testimony is so sweet! I think Heavenly Father made it nice for him, too.
Post a Comment