Let me just start this post by saying that this is the ONLY THING EVER that Corey has requested I do a post about. (I think...) To which I said "Ummmmmm, of course I will post about that! Helllllloooo! You did something stinking amazing and I wouldn't dream of just not posting about it!"
BEHOLD!
Corey has built the boys bunk beds! Using his own two hands! And some manly tools! And a pile of wood and some other stuff!
He has wanted to learn how to build things for quite some time, and by-golly! He did it! He just knew there was a need, and he decided he was going to finally do what he has always wanted to. And he did! I was so proud.
Here's what they look like as you peek in the door:

And then a clear shot of the whole thing:
BEHOLD!
Corey has built the boys bunk beds! Using his own two hands! And some manly tools! And a pile of wood and some other stuff!
He has wanted to learn how to build things for quite some time, and by-golly! He did it! He just knew there was a need, and he decided he was going to finally do what he has always wanted to. And he did! I was so proud.
Here's what they look like as you peek in the door:
And then a clear shot of the whole thing:
Wow, Huh?!? Not bad for a first-ever building project!
He found plans online, altered them to suit our needs (he made adjustments for more storage under the beds, and to ensure that our wild sleeper up top would be safe and sound, changed the mattress size etc.) and off he went! He and Ed worked on them together during Conference Saturday, and Ed came over to assemble the final pieces together in the room. Corey was happy to do this project with the help of his dad, and I think they had a lot of fun together.
The boys absolutely love their new beds.
LOVE.
LOVE.
I love how terribly sturdy they are (solid pine if you were wondering) and how he created something that will last basically forever, certainly longer than anything we would have been able to buy from a store for the same amount. Actually I am not even sure that we could have bought something... anything... with the same amount of money he spent on the supplies.
Up next: Make some small shelves out of leftover wood for the boys to put their special things on... and redo some things we found at goodwill... and fix the bottom of Jack's dresser... and the list goes on. We are fast becoming DIYers people! (Or at least Corey is. Jury is still out on me... we'll see how the bedding goes!)
5 comments:
FREAKIN' AWESOME.... THOSE look so wonderful.... YEAH COREY and his dad.... love aunt deedee
YEAH COREY!! That's totally fabulous - beautiful bunk bed! Wow! Great job!
I applaud you, Corey!! That bunk bed looks amazing. I'm sure a tornado could come through and that thing would still be standing. Looks awe-some.
That is amazing!!! I'm sure the boys will have very fond memories of them when they get older. I had bunkbeds and we had all sorts of adventures from making a fort out of it and putting on plays...kudos!
I love love love them! Corey did such an amazing job! and of course Ed too! It is so fun to get little peeks into your house too! I loved being able to see the boys room, especially with their new one of a kind bunk beds! Nice Job!
Post a Comment