Don't ask me what I was thinking... I don't KNOW what I was thinking.
It was a combination of a lot of things really that contributed to this crazy decision... and frankly... I don't care to relive it all here on the blog.
All I know is I went into that fabric store intending to buy 3 inches of black lace for my Zina headpiece and I came out with all the materials and a pattern for a crib blanket, bumper pads, dust ruffle and something else? I think there is something else too?
I don't own a sewing machine. I don't have the slightest clue how to operate one even if I did. Haven't sewed one darn thing in my entire life. INCLUDING buttons! COREY does the button re-fastening at our house!
Why I thought this was a good idea I am really not sure...
Yes, I have always wanted to learn to sew, and this will save us money, and I hadn't seen any crib stuff that I liked in the stores (Jack and Aly thoroughly wore out their crib paraphernalia) but still... I should have stuck to my
"Don't-do-anything-totally-insane-before-checking-with-Corey-FIRST," rule.
There was a reason I made that rule in the first place. It has saved me loads of times, I tell you what.
Well... here's what I bought:
It was a combination of a lot of things really that contributed to this crazy decision... and frankly... I don't care to relive it all here on the blog.
All I know is I went into that fabric store intending to buy 3 inches of black lace for my Zina headpiece and I came out with all the materials and a pattern for a crib blanket, bumper pads, dust ruffle and something else? I think there is something else too?
I don't own a sewing machine. I don't have the slightest clue how to operate one even if I did. Haven't sewed one darn thing in my entire life. INCLUDING buttons! COREY does the button re-fastening at our house!
Why I thought this was a good idea I am really not sure...
Yes, I have always wanted to learn to sew, and this will save us money, and I hadn't seen any crib stuff that I liked in the stores (Jack and Aly thoroughly wore out their crib paraphernalia) but still... I should have stuck to my
"Don't-do-anything-totally-insane-before-checking-with-Corey-FIRST," rule.
There was a reason I made that rule in the first place. It has saved me loads of times, I tell you what.
Well... here's what I bought:
Do you like it? I really did that DAY... but I was out of my head that day, and now I'm not so sure. I think I should have chosen a brown fabric of some kind to match the owls and apples one. And while I totally dig the owls, jury is out on the apples.But you know what?
Too late now!
So YES, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what I chose and that's that.
PS- Do you miss Alaster on this blog?!? ME TOO! Don't worry... his hugie update is headed here soon!
6 comments:
Ashlee...it will be adorable and one of a kind! I think a blanket and bumper pad will be nice and easy first time sewing projects. All you need is someone with know-how and a machine that will help you out. do you have that?
Also, did the general RS suggest doing a readers theater or something? It seems like everyone did one! We did one too and it was fun.
Your boys are cute. Sam is jealous of the lost tooth. He keeps asking when he's going to lose a tooth.
Lastly, I want a piece of that lemon cake thing. Yum!
It's so darling! I love the owls!!! I'm sure it will turn out great!
I think those fabrics are great! You wanna borrow my machine? I can show you how to thread it and everything . . . and Todd can show you how to sew with it. :)
I think is is just cute! Wish I was down the block and we would sew like crazy!
Love,
Aunt Shir
OH, IT IS ADORABLE!!!!!!! I really love it! I think it is so neat that he will have one of a kind bedding! I think you did a great job of matching it! That is darling, I really can't wait to see the finished product, and the finished little guy either! :)
oh, Also, I wanted to offer my sewing services, only if it includes a couple over nighters, and someone to actually sew it for me when I am done! Wouldn't that be fun if we could really do that??!!
Post a Comment