Hello All!
I have 10... count them... 10 drafts of darling little posts sitting in my blogbox, just waiting for me to add the finishing touches so they can make their debut into the blogosphere.
Isn't that sad?
They unfortunately are going to have to wait at least a little while longer, but there is one thing I wanted to post about TODAY.
My generous and talented friend Jenika, who took our family photos last fall, offered to take some maternity/newborn shots for us!
Now... maternity shots can be an intimidating thing, but I have wanted to have a nice picture of me pregnant for a long time. Being pregnant is a miracle. I feel incredibly blessed to have a healthy body that has allowed me to carry and nurture life. I know that I have done my share of complaining... with Jack and with this baby I really did want to die in my first trimesters, and yes my hips do sometimes feel like they want to explode, but I honestly do love being pregnant, and it is a time I want to remember and cherish always.
I love being a woman.
I love being a wife and mother.
I cannot wait to hold and care for and love on another sweet little boy fresh from Heaven.
Thank you Jenika for helping us document this special time!
To see the shoot, click HERE.
And I just want to say that I really do love that Jenika. She is so talented, so sincere, and such a caring and thoughtful person. I wish her all the success in the world with her new business!
7 comments:
I saw your beautiful maternity shots this morning, and they are just LOVELY. They capture the miracle is it to be pregnant and to have a happy, loving family. You look so elegant, too, which is hard to do as a pregnant lady! I especially love the shots of you in the blossoming tree. So classy. I think I'll hire Jenika to do some shots for us before she leaves :)
Oh Ash, these are absolutely stunning! What beautiful things she said about you, all of which are just so true, and the pictures, wow. You look gorgeous and your boys all look so dashing! I love them all so much! I am in love with the ones with your boys, those are so dang darling! The ones of you and Corey are so sweet, and the ones of you and your tummy baby are absolutely stunning! These are beautiful and I think Jenika did an amazing job! What neat treasures these will be!
Oh, Heavens!! Silly Me! I'm so sorry, I was signed in as our Condo's blog, ugh! Darn! Sorry! It was me that posted the last comment.
Beautiful!!!!! I love the dance ones :)
OH my goodness I JUST BLUBBERED and thought how wonderful to have such memories captured. IT is something I regret not thinking of. YOU MAMA would love this time so much..... Thanks for blogging so the aunties don't miss so much..... I AM IN INDIANA as of the 23rd!!!!! we shall contact and make plans....love aunt deedee
Ash you are beautiful but pregnancy makes you even more beautiful, I was completley mesmorized. I love that outfit too..I kind of want that skirt! :-)
Cousin you are simply stunning :) I love the pregnancy pictures and I can't wait till I get to do my own :) I miss you all so much but I love getting the cute updates about my lovely Burtons :)
Post a Comment