Happy Easter everyone! I already wrote about Easter once, but it didn't include our celebrations!
It started on Saturday at our lovely Ward Easter Breakfast. The boys and I (Corey was too sleepy to come) chatted with friends, ate yummy food, decorated Easter Bags, watched a movie about the Resurrection, listened to a thought by the Bishop, and participated in the Easter Egg Hunt! They had 800 eggs! Can you believe it? The boys had such a fun time collecting them, and they were sweet and polite which made me happy.
It started on Saturday at our lovely Ward Easter Breakfast. The boys and I (Corey was too sleepy to come) chatted with friends, ate yummy food, decorated Easter Bags, watched a movie about the Resurrection, listened to a thought by the Bishop, and participated in the Easter Egg Hunt! They had 800 eggs! Can you believe it? The boys had such a fun time collecting them, and they were sweet and polite which made me happy.
Bad mom that I am, I had not even attempted to put together Easter Baskets. (What?!? We didn't do that at our house growing up.) but the boys did want to play with eggs so we went to Walmart and I let them each choose a bag. I didn't get anything to fill them, because guess what?!? They don't actually have to contain anything inside of them to still be fun. True story. They spent the whole afternoon hiding them, throwing them, playing with them... all without candy inside. Awesome. I told Cal about it, and he said that empty eggs are really more symbolic anyway... just like the empty tomb :)
That afternoon the boys took off with Gram and Grampa to help in their Ward's service project. They had an absolutely wonderful time helping to clean up Lake of The Woods, and I got to do some much needed house cleaning! I tell you what... sometimes those Grandparents of ours come at just the right time! Lifesavers I tell you!
Sunday morning the boys got handsome in their new Easter outfits from Gram. Corey took them outside for a photo shoot before church. Alaster was apparently not feeling photogenic that morning, and I couldn't resist cropping the reject photos and making a collage of all the faces he made. My favorite BY FAR is the top right:
Thankfully there were a couple of good ones in the mix too. (What did people do before digital cameras?) Thanks for the darling outfits Gram! They looked so handsome!
Church was delightful. Beautiful musical #'s, and wonderful messages. Gotta love it.I didn't want to do anything secular on Sunday, but since we had promised the boys they could die eggs using a kit that Aunt Dee had sent Jack on his Birthday, and we didn't have time on Saturday, we ended up doing it on Sunday. They each died one. Yep. Just one. And you know what? The fun still lasted over an hour!
Later that afternoon we headed over to Gram and Grampas. The boys dawned more new outfits from Gram and we spent the afternoon and evening eating yummy food and playing with our new toys. Gram always does such a good job making holidays fun! The boys had perfect baskets filled with all kinds of goodies, Corey got a tie, and I got a lovely set of bowls! So fun! Casey and Kristine were able to come too, which always makes for more fun. We love those two!
The flowers Cindy brought on Saturday because she remembered what anniversary it was for me. She sent me yellow tulips when my mom passed away too. I was really touched that she would remember, and the flowers made me happy to look at all week. I do so love spring flowers!Hope you all had a wonderful Easter too!
4 comments:
oh man, I may have cried on this post. I absolutely loved the pictures Corey took, and Cal and I just busted up laughing at the Alaster funny faces! What a sweet little face that is. I love the top right one too, but I think my favorite one is where his eyes are looking to the side, it is darling! I am so glad you posted about your Easter activities. Cal and I loved reading them. Also, what a sweetheart Cindy is. She is so thoughtful and caring, and I am so glad that she does such sweet things for you. Also, your boys looked Dashing in their Easter outfits. So cute!
OK, one more thing and then I promise I'll be done with my long winded comments...
I so missed Burton updates, I am so so glad that you did these. I was is such a miss my Burton family mood the last couple days and this helped, so thank you. Much love!
I am so glad you had such a great Easter! It sounds like the boys' Grandma and Grandpa are so good to you guys!
My favorite of the Alaster outtakes is also the top right (in fact, I couldn't stop laughing for quite some time), but the bottom left one makes him look soooo like Jack! Love it!
Haha, I love those pictures of Alaster! LOL! He is so cute. The tiny seed pictures are so funny, too. Wow, Cindy is so thoughtful--what a great mother. And, P.S. I loved reading your thoughts on Easter. They really touched my heart--I always love hearing/reading your testimony.
Post a Comment