Side Note Before I Even Start: This is the first of 4 posts today... scroll down to see Truman with Spiky Hair, a Boxing Match, and one Sweet, sweet little 3 Year old.
Happy 4th of July Everyone! We hope yours was stupendous! Ours was the busiest, most adventurous day we have had since Truman was born. We probably did too much, but we certainly had fun!4th of July outfits for the day provided by Grama Burton. Jack was up for taking pictures, but wanted to make sure everyone knew what day it was- hence the signs for him and Aly to hold. Cute boy.
In the morning the boys and I went for a walk, and played some soccer in the lawn. It was a relaxed morning until Corey woke up. When he woke up we got ready for the Tri-Ward Picnic at the church. The boys had been looking forward to it so much, and it didn't disappoint!
We had yummy food and good conversation with our friends the Tanners. (Do you love the look on Alaster's face? I had one with a normal smile, but chose that one instead because I think it's so funny!)After eating it was time for water games, face painting, making the rounds talking to lots of friends, and some good old fashioned tug-o-war! Go Elders Quorum! They killed the High Priests. True Story... although they did lose the second match. Jack and Aly participated in one too and Jack kept telling us "I was the reason we won. I pulled so hard!"
Aren't we cute? I love the picture with Corey and the boys. In case you are wondering, it's a spider on Aly's cheek to match his mustache.
After a quick trip to the store we headed home to make the boys their statue of liberty hats and cupcakes. Corey did the hats, I did the cupcakes. We also introduced the boys to Neil Diamond... Comin' to America, of course... an important part of my life history. Corey made fun of it. I got sulky. He appeased me by playing the Mo-Tab, BattleHymn. We looked for my dad in the recording. Didn't find him... but it brought back some fun memories.
Hanging out in the kitchen doing our crafts was probably my favorite part of the day. Don't they look so cute holding the books? That was Jack's idea. The bottom left picture is when one of Aly's spikes accidently got Jack in the eye. Woops!
We had a fun time making the cupcakes together. I thought they turned out rather cute!We took the boys, hats and all, to see our friend Mildred in a nursing home that night for FHE. I had promised her that I would bring Truman once he was born. We had a lovely visit. I think she thought the boys were so cute and funny in their hats. They did a great job chatting with her and bringing some sunshine to her day.
And what would the 4th be without a bit of sparkle? We didn't feel up to fireworks, but we had poppers and sparklers. Our friends the Tanners came over too. We love those guys!

The evening came to an abrupt ending when Aly burned his finger on a sparkler. Darn it! Overall though... a fantastic fourth.
6 comments:
"Comin' to America" reminds me of Mrs. Mortensen's English class. It makes me giggle. (P.S. I had to delete the first post because I didn't capitalize "English" and that is unacceptable.)
ummm, I dont even know where to start with my comment.....hmmmmmm
first, you look awesome Ash! I loved seeing some pics of you, I have really been missing you, and that kinda, sorta in a teensy way helped. The pics of all 5 of you (ALL 5 OF YOU, HUZZAH1!!) are so so sweet! I love them!
your torch cupcakes are adorable, and those boys being the statue of liberty are so darling! You have such fun ideas! I love it!
that Truman is beautiful! I cent get enough of that little face and body of his! Please squeeze him extra for me.
and squeeze all those darling burton bogs from us!
also, they look smashingly dashing in their 4th of July duds! So so cute! That gram sure does an adorable job!
ugh, I left out some stuff...ah well....
Love it! Unfortunately we had a sparkler burning at our party too... but Jocelyn shared her princess bandage with Kenna who got burned and suddenly the world was all better. Isn't it great to be a kid? Wish that would fix my booboos :)
Your boys are adorable. You look fantastic. Loved the picture of your whole fam. Well...really I loved every picture here period.
And to answer your question on my blog... yes, Jocelyn is small for her age. She's always been in the 1st percentile for weight and under the 10th for weight. She's up to a whopping 25 pounds now at 3+ years old!
you are so skinny!
Post a Comment