My History

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Asking for Help- My Uncle Lester

My Uncle Lester came to live with us for a while when I was little. I was young enough that I don't remember too much about it except for a few highlights:

-My Uncle was the coolest. Like THE COOLEST. I idolized him.
-He played with me and Calvin. I'm not sure how old he was... I think maybe 18 or 19?!? However old he was it was certainly old enough to have more important things to concern himself about than two energetic little kids. At the time I didn't think it was terribly out of the ordinary, but now I realize that it takes a special kind of guy to do that!
-He taught me how to properly shuffle cards.
-He was (and still is) really tall! And he played basketball.
-He loved and respected my parents.

I love my Uncle Les very much, and always have.

The past few days have taught me yet again about the importance of extended family. I have pondered and thanked Heaven for what an amazing one I am a part of. Best of the best people! Best of the best! We are there for each other in good times and bad.

My Uncle Les was in an accident at his home. It was very serious, but due to prayers and priesthood blessings things have gone much better than expected. Still, his family needs help. My little family will give what we can but that is... quite frankly... not much, so I would like to ask for your help as well.

You can read the story HERE, and if you feel so inclined there is a link on the side where donations can be made.

Thanks friends for reading. I love you all and hope that you are safe and sound!

2 comments:

deemom said...

OH bless you Ash.... THANK YOU SO MUCH.... many people read your blog and they will change the needs of Uncle Lester and Aunt Emily.... OH WHAT miracles the Lord doth perform... Did you read PaPa's Blog... IT IS AMAZING... I am so jealous that Uncle Kyle gets to see you with his eyes and hug you and kiss the babies.... WE LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.... Pray for April and Rich and their safety while Hurricane Irene moves up the coast... WE HAVE HAD SUCH A WEEK... love you bunches aunt deedee

Unknown said...

You give everyone so much joy Ash. I love you.