My History

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Aly Update of the Century

Alaster hasn't had a proper update in ages, so tonight you are in for one heck of an Aly post.

I mean look at this Collage:

I made that collage about Last-April. It is pathetic, but I am now prepared to tell you all about it.

So, I love my Mr. Morgan. He is the utlimate around-the-house buddy. Frankly I think everybody could use an Aly. They should sell Aly's in the grocery store as an essential household item. Who wouldn't want a darling brown eyed boy following them around, chit-chatting about this and that, making them smile and laugh as he helps them sort the laundry, put away dishes, and tidy up the house?I love that he always wants to help and that he does it with a smile.

I will also always treasure the time he and I spent alone together last year pre-Truman, while Jack was in school. Along with following me around the house helping, he sometimes would just be in my vicinity doing his own thing... but we still felt like we were hanging out together. Most of the time I would be working in the kitchen... washing the dishes or preparing meals... and he would be at the table playing. He enjoyed making me playdoh hearts, painting, or pulling in the tramp to do tricks. He is also very good at pretending and independent play, so sometimes he would bring in his "guys," and I would listen their constant dialougue. He also started doing some online preschool games and Corey and I would laugh and laugh watching his adorable little finger navigate the pages. Too cute!
And while I know I can't record every little thing that my darlings do, I always writing down little stories here and there hoping they eventually make it all the way to the blog. SO... for the rest of this post... along with some random pictures (some quite old) of Aly I will share a random smathering of those things.

A NickName Aly Recently Gave Himself:
"Alaster Picky-Toes McGee Cute Burton"
(He has an odd toe picking obession. Did you know? He'll pick his toes for lint and debris... pick yours... whomever really... he just likes to pick!)


A NickName We Recently Gave Him:
"The Bull" ... as in... "A Bull in A China Shop."
Poor kid says sorry to us at least 15 times a day. He's a bit clumsy, a little on the wild side, and sometimes just very, very non-observant. But you can't be mad because he doesn't mean to, and he is so very sweet and contrite!


A Cute Absent Minded-Habit He Has:
Singing whatever he is thinking about. I really think he mostly does this unconsciously. Like when Corey had his Hobbit and Lord of the Rings books in the backseat of our car and he started singing "Daddy haaas... da Hobby and Lord of da Raaangs... Hobby and Lord of the Rangs... Da Rangs... oh... da Hobby..." He does this all the time. Sometimes his words will fit well with the Spider-Man theme, but often he is singing to an all-original melody.


A Tradition He Ensures He and I Always Observe, No-Matter-What!:
Dancing our fool heads off together to Grace Potter at the end of Tangled.
(Jack won't join us)
A Few Things He Likes to Play:
Chef, Grocery Shopping, Guys (of all sorts), Trains, Reading Books

What He Used to Always Say to Whit on the Phone, and Occasionally While on the Potty:

"Innie-Minnie-Miney-Mo-Catch-A-Stire-Styits-Sto."


What He Said on the Way Down After His First Time Singing With the Primary During Sacrament Meeting:
"Was that fun Jack?!? That was fun!"


Things We Love to Hear Him Say:
"I sink so."
"Rememer?"
"A Sposed To."
"What?!?"


His Absolute Favorite Animal:
Penguins. He wants so desperately to have one as a pet, and it is a dear ambition of his to one day take a bath with one. Our friend Melanie knew of this love and recently gave him a little book-mark thing that has penguins that walk when you move it. He. Is. So. In. Love. The penguins go everywhere with us. At church on Sunday I had Aly on my lap and the Penguins in my hands. He insisted I hold them up so that they could watch the speakers too.

What He Said When I Asked Him Last Week "People want to know a little bit about Mommy... what should I tell them?!?"

"That you're beautiful!"
(I had to write a little blurb about myself for a Relief Society newsletter spotlight)


What He Said When I Inquired If He Was Done YET?!? In The Bathroom:
"I sink not! I ate a loooooot of grapes!"


His Favorite Number:
One-Pocka-Zillion!


A Dangerous Habit He Has That Makes Us Laugh:
Looking back while he is running to make sure we are watching him, or to see how fast he is going.


What He Said to Me After a Particularly Exciting Conversation With Jack about Dressing Up as Star-Wars Characters For Halloween (Jack ran into school and we were alone):
"Really... I just want to be a duck. Or Santa Claus. Then I would say 'Ho. Ho. Ho.' "


What Alaster Love, Love, Loves about Primary:

Singing Time, Participating in the Opening Excercizes andHandouts. This last Sunday he got a bunny that he colored blue and gave a cotton-ball tail. He lets me pet it and tells me that someday he will turn the bunny real. And you should ask me to tell you about the "Good-Samarian," handout and the way he tells the story. So. Darn. Cute!
What he "Whispered," (his whisper may as well be a scream) Up Close To My Face At Church One Morning As Soon as We Shuffled Into Our Seats (We were late and acting a bit frantic. Apparently he was completely untroubled...):

"Mom! What did you have for Breakfast today?... I had toast! And Apple Juice! Do you know what cup?!? The BUZZ one!"

Another Bit of Evidence That He is Always Thinking Of Others:

He saved the last teddy from his teddy graham cup for his sleeping Dad. He laid it right by the closed bedroom door, just perfect for when he woke up.

Who He Continues to Look to For Every Cue and Who He Would Walk to The Ends of the Earth For:

Jack.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an incredibly adorable post. I especially loved reading all the sweet short stories about him. What a special boy! I definitely want to go pick up an Aly at the store for myself :) And I didn't notice any problems with the formatting... but I know what you mean. When I get frustrated with blogger I usually go to the "edit html" tab and correct it as best as I can there. It usually does the trick, but not always.

deemom said...

Just think if we could all get an Aly at the store THEN YOUR ALY wouldn't be as special as he is...... WHAT a boy and his mom sure does tell a good story about him... love aunt deedee