My History

Monday, September 26, 2011

Cutest. Preschooler. Ever.

Well, Aly started preschool last week.
It's only 3 days a week for a couple of hours which is really not that much time compared to some schools, but still. It felt pretty momentous. It's a big step that feels symbolic of something much bigger, and I'm not sure how I feel about that folks.
Actually, all leading up to the first day I was fine and I didn't think I'd have any problems. He was excited, I was excited, we were good!
Then I dropped off my freshly bathed, slicked-up, presentable boy. As we parted he put his little hands on my face, kissed both cheeks, my forehead, nose and mouth, gave me a big huge hug told me he loved me and walked right in as if he had been going there for years. He didn't even look back!
I am glad that he feels secure and confident enough for that, but as I watched him go my heart gave a little sob. I was so sad I didn't even want a cookie.
I got back to the car quickly and had a discreet little cry before setting off to the grocery store without my shopping buddy.
I had a good chat with Whit about it all as Truman boy and I walked around the store. I felt a little better when she was sad about us not being able to go out to breakfast that morning to distract my mind.
She said "Maybe when we hang up I'll need to go back to bed and sulk about that one."
:)
I am happy to report that preschool is a success. He is loving, loving it, and I feel like it's the best thing for him right now. We chose a more social pre-school and I am teaching him the essentials at home.
Cute little boy.
So here it is in all it's glory:
The "Aly's First Day of Pre-School," Collage.
That's huge huh?!?

1 comment:

Jenika said...

It's just so amazing how much of you AND Corey there is in his adorable, precious, perfect little face. Congrats on his first day of preschool!