My History

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fast Becoming My Fave

Who knew I would ever love mornings?!?
Okay... I don't love, love them yet... but there are three little people who are sure making me re-think my "I hate mornings," stance.
I mean I was pretty much gauranteed to wake up with a smile when the first thing I heard one morning was a boisterous 6 year old bursting through my bedroom door, landing with a jaunty plop next to my sleepy head and declaring:
"Mom! I just put on my new underpants... and they feel... ga-rate!"
Some mornings don't start off so instantly jolly.
Take for instance the morning that Aly crawled in next to me and fell asleep all cuddled up.
After a slow kind of waking up our conversation turned to babies.
"Mom? I love babies. When I'm a daddy... I want a house full of babies. Babies, babies everywhere! So many babies they reach up to the ceiling!"
After quizzing about his babies, I discovered the following:
He wants a baby girl, and he is going to name her: Fancy.
His first baby boy is going to be: Tooman (which is what he not so secretly wishes Truman's name was)
(Side story: Aly continues to love babies. Once when leaving my friend Rachel's house he asked her "Can we borrow your baby?!?" He had been playing with him on the floor and wasn't quite ready to be done apparently!)
Truman always wakes up happy. I love to watch him stretch and get my first bit of snuggles in for the day.
The boys love him too. Let's face it... baby boy is the real reason they come to my room.
On the weekends when we don't have school to rush off to we will sometimes spend a good 30-45 minutes snuggling... talking... oohing and ahhing at baby True.
It's little moments like these that help me remember my life is so good!
(And also? It makes me so excited for the day that Corey can join is!)

2 comments:

katers said...

I think one of these days you need to bring that Aly to visit me. For one because I LOVE HIM, and for two....then he could see "a house FULL of babies!"

Your boys are so cute. I love all of the funny things they say. Thanks for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

I guess I have to comment on every single post you write! Aly's choices for baby names are very classy :) His wife is going to be one lucky woman if he continues to love babies so much!