My History

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Covered Bridge Festival - 2011

It's Fall... and that means it's time for the Covered Bridge Festival!
Two weeks ago we packed up and headed out.
I struggled taking pictures this year because I have posted about this for 2 years now, and have already shown you many of the sites and sounds of the festival...
When I came home and went through pictures it really was a very odd assortment... I apologize in advance. And you know what? I never got a picture of the 5 of us all together. Rats!
Anyway....
Here we are enjoying all the lovely driving time:

The drive was just beautiful as always. Look really carefully at the cloud picture and you will see a Hawk. The fields were being harvested, and the Hawks were out to get their field mice! Over one field we counted over 10 Hawks circling. Very fun! We also took a picture of a dream house. It's set in the most gorgeous location, and every year Corey and I say a big fat "If Only!" when we pass it.

This collage is entitled: "Interesting Folk at the Festival,"
Pictured is the Gourd Lady. (Notice her awesome hat!) The Corn Fritter Grannies (I think they are so cute!) The Singing Auctioneer (Corey's absolute FAVORITE... can you hear the sarcasm?... just ask him about it!) And Honest Abe:

I think we did better with food this year. No one overdid it, and I got to try a few things that I had always wanted to: Kristine and I shared persimmon ice cream, and I also got corn fritters from the cute ladies. Jack is pictured with pumpkin ice cream, and baby boy in the small picture is pictured screaming and crying- which is what he did the entire first stop of the trip. He was not a fan of the wind or the noise. Sorry baby boy! But as you can in his picture with Uncle Tyler... he acclimated eventually at one of the next stops.

The boys each brought home one souvenir. Alaster got a darling bobble head penguin, and Jack got a bear claw necklace. Both of them couldn't have been happier with their pics. Also pictured in this collage... some interesting items for sale and fun things to do. Corey is pictured at some kind of gun place that he just had to stop at. I'm not sure what it was called, I didn't go.

After bottle time in the car:

Hangin' out and havin' fun:

Aly was in a funny mood all day. He spotted these gnomes and just started posing, instructing me to take his picture. I happily obliged. If you want a giant gnome... the covered bridge is the place to get them! Or any kind of carved lawn ornament or furniture for that matter:

A few pictures at Bridgeton:

The last stop, wherein some of us were already checked out for the day:

We love the Covered Bridge Festival. SO much. We look forward to it each year with much anticipation. Thank you Gram and Grandpa for taking us and showing us a fantastic time as always!

**** Lovely Side Note: Baby Boy rolled from tummy to back for the first time last night! Hip Hip Hooray Little Baby! ****

1 comment:

deemom said...

I look forward to the "Covered Bridge Festival, covered by the BURTON'S" great pictures fun stuff and Aly takes the cake..... I LOVE GNOMES..... I have that one up on the shelf in the great room to prove it..... love aunt deedee