My History

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween '11 - The School Parties

School Parties were the beginning of the Halloween Extravaganza for our family.
Jack's was technically a "Fall Party." Very PC. No costumes or anything. I felt a little gypt at no costume parade! Still, he had a great time.
Jack's teachers told me a funny story about the spider on his cheek.
Apparently he was requesting fangs with blood from the face painter. She kept telling him "no," so he kept coming at her from different angles, trying to argue his way into it.
When she finally agreed to a spider on his cheek he argued
"Well how about I AM the spider... and spiders have fangs. You already said yes to the color red, so maybe the fangs have a bit of red on them...?"
Jack and Alaster were both very generous in sharing the goods from their parties with each other. Jack snagged Aly a pair of cool glasses.


And of course they wanted baby boy to have a try...


Alaster's party was much more Halloween-ey. He got to dress up and even go trick or treating. Huzzah! If I may say so... I think he was a class favorite in his penguin get-up:

And yes, he does have a darling waddle to accompany that costume.

I was so grateful Alaster chose to be a penguin! I figure it's probably the last year he'll want to be something cute. Next year he'll be 5! What in the what?!?
If anyone asked him what he was going to be he answered them with clues...
"It eats fish.... and waddles...."
If you got stuck he added:
"It has a beak... and lives where it's cold..."
"It's black and white.... and loves to swim..."
Cute boy.
Can't wait to show you all 3 of our darlings in their costumes. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

katers said...

I think the only way I could love your boys any more than I already do is if they were my very own! That Jack!! The stuff he comes up with is so funny! And Aly! A penguin?! I love it. Where in the world did you find that? It is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Was it his idea originally or did you find it first? Oh how I wish I could kiss all 3 boys' cheeks! They're so adorable.