My History

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Good News

Yesterday we ran the following errands:

Take Jack to school.
Pick up Aly from Krogels.
Go to Aldi.
Go to Meijer.
Go Home.
Take Corey to work.
Go Home.
Pick up Jack From School.
Go Home.
Pick up Daddy from Work.
Go Home.
Take Jack to Piano Lessons.
Home Again.
That's too many comings and goings if you ask me.
Getting the kids in and out of the car that many times in a day is bad for my health.

I was a bundle of stressed out knots by the end of the day because somewhere in all that driving there were also children to care for, dishes to do, groceries to put away, laundry to fold, dinner to prepare, and life to live.

Just ask Corey (who found out the hard way not to tease me on days like this) how grumpy all this driving made me.
Later that night when we had calmed down a bit Aly was playing with trains in his room and I was watching. I realized that today would be much more laid back and that we could stay home the entire day if we so pleased... so I whispered urgently "Aly! Come here! I have something to tell you!"

He literally dropped everything... walked over to me with the cutest smile and said "I hope it's good news!"
At that point I was worried I was going to disappoint him. Perhaps he thought I had a cookie?
I decided to press forward anyway.
"Aly, tomorrow we have no where to go. You and me and Truman can stay home all day to clean and play and just be here together! Is that good news?" I whispered... hoping...
He paused. A big grin spread across his whole face. He leaned in and whispered:
"Mom... That is
very good news."
So here we are today! With time to do mohawks and take rock star pictures. What more could a girl ask for?

PS- Yes, I cut my hair. Here's a shot that Aly took of me doing the dishes that shows the new look:
Here's to lovely and uneventful days!

4 comments:

katers said...

Yay for stay at home days!! Those are the best. Especially in the winter. Enjoy your day with that Aly boy and give him a squish for me. :)

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about appreciating the literal "stay at home" days! I'm sure I'll appreciate it more as more kids come along. Sweet Aly... he loves that you get to spend time with him.

p.s. I love your haircut! SUPER cute!!

Anonymous said...

You my dear are a doll- and I love stay at home days!!

Love you all!

Rachel and Todd said...

So glad you were able to take a breather with sweet Aly and Truman! Sometimes for me it takes a crazy day of comings and goings and stressed up knots to really enjoy those stay-at-home days. It looks like Aly's back to his old self again, and with those beautiful brown eyes!