These are from back in our apartment... Aly might have been 2 in these pictures!
I remember they were being particularly cute playing with each other that day.
I came home from work and Aly ran up to me and shouted "WE HAVE A ROCKET IN HERE!!!!" then burst into a fit of laughter before running off with Jack again.
The bed was the rocket:
I came home from work and Aly ran up to me and shouted "WE HAVE A ROCKET IN HERE!!!!" then burst into a fit of laughter before running off with Jack again.
The bed was the rocket:
They were also playing the classic "run in to one another," game (the first picture). They would go to opposite ends of our apartment, someone would declare "GO!" and like a pair of bumper cars they sped with all their might, neither backing down prior to impact.
I'm so glad these boys are friends.
As a child I didn't care much for this phrase but as a parent it is one of my favorite mantras:
"Friends will come and go... but Family is Forever."
It is true that I have a few dear friends that I love so thoroughly that they are basically family to me (and therefore are as permanent in my life). But it is also true that so very many of the friendships I thought would be in that category (I'm thinking especially from my youth here)... are not.
I hope these two will be as close as they are now (and closer even!) for the rest of their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment