My History

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Good Night Jack and Alaster!

Oh wow! Today's discovery from my drafts folder is a collection of quotes and stories from bedtime.
We went through a period where bedtime was basically comedy hour. The boys are to the point now that they are down between 7 and 7:30 and we basically don't hear much from them after that. It's nice of course, but much less entertaining :)
Hope these stories make you giggle as much as they did for us!

#1- One night Aly called out from bed: "The wrist of my foot hurts." Sure we had heard him wrong we hollered back "What?!?" ... "The wrist of my foot!" Corey goes to his bed to see what this is all about and I hear him explain "Oh. That's your ankle Aly."

#2- Aly calls out: "Something is wrong with my bed! The blanket keeps going back and forsse, back and forsse, back and forsse." One wiggly child subdued (Jack sleeps like me- hardly any movement at all. Aly has the amazing talent of rolling and wiggling and bouncing himself to sleep every night) and a few blanket adjustments later and we were fine.

#3- A common occurrence: We hear tons of whispering, giggling, and banging... We walk in and magically the boys are "asleep." We try and tell them to be quiet and we know they are awake... so to really convince us we hear snores...

#4- Jack comes out of bed when he knows I am alone and Corey is elsewhere..."I asked Dad if I could have something to eat because I'm really, really hungry, and he said 'no.' **insert big long pause**.... I just wanted you to know." (we have a rule that if one parent says "no," you are not allowed to ask the other one!) **insert another long pause** "You don't even know how hungry I am."

#5- Jack comes out of bed and Alaster follows... Jack: "Mom, we just have to tell you something." Aly: "Yeah. We have to tell you somesing." Jack: "Do you remember that book Flat Stanley? And he **giggle, giggle** dresses like a girl?!?" From Both: ***Hahahaha!*** Alaster: "Yeah **giggle, giggle** and you remember Spongebob? The one where he was throwing somesing in that well?!?" Both: Hahahha!

I feel like these stories are a bit incomplete without funny bedtime prayers that they were also saying at that time, but it looks like I didn't record any. Woops!

Remembering these stories makes me so excited for when Truman gets older. We can't wait to see what funny things he will say!

2 comments:

Alysa Stewart said...

hahaha! What a crack up! My favorite at the moment is "you don't even know how hungry I am." :D

Rachel and Todd said...

These cracked me up! I think I like 1 and 4 the best. 5 is great, too. :)