Last Friday I went to a dance with my husband.
It was a dream come true, and I don't care if you think that I'm cheesy or dramatic for saying so.
For nearly 8 years I have wanted to go to a dance with Corey!
It was a dream come true, and I don't care if you think that I'm cheesy or dramatic for saying so.
For nearly 8 years I have wanted to go to a dance with Corey!
(I still don't know how to pose for pictures apparently... I think it's hilarious that our best is the one we did to mimic High School Dance pictures. PS- I was wearing the pearls my Grandma and PaPa bought me in Russia. I'm sad they fell beneath the fabric in these shots!)We had such a blast. For just a little church dance I was seriously impressed! The room was so cute... we were there with some of our very favorite friends... the music was great... it was: Perfect!
Along one wall they set up "Lovers Lane," with engagement and wedding pictures of couples in the ward. I was having a grand time looking until one of our good friends said he didn't even recognize me in ours! What?!? Have I changed that much?!? Do I really look that much older? I was a little put out until Corey told me not to worry about it and said "If anything... you are even more beautiful."
Good Husband. Very, very good husband.
I absolutely loved dancing with Corey. Most of the time we were goof balls and he was making me laugh, but I have to say: even when he was just being funny... he was still so handsome.
Having fun dancing and being together brought back all of the feelings that made me fall in love with him in the first place. He is good. He is strong. And being in his arms feels so right.
**And a special thank you to Gram and Grampa Burton for taking the boys!**
6 comments:
Awww!! I loved this post Ashlee!! You guys are a gorgeous couple and I love you both!!
look at you two so cute! that's a lovely dress, ashlee!
sounds fun! you both look so cute!!!
Beautiful dress and you look absolutely stunning..you haven't aged a day...really.
I agree super cute couple and even though I didn't "dance" as much, it was a fun evening!!
Don't worry Ashlee, nobody recognized me either...but maybe it's because my hair is a completely different color now and short, and I've had braces since then. But still! I think I look pretty much the same. Michael and I had so much fun too!
Post a Comment