We've been super lucky to see lots of Gram and Grampa lately.
For Jack and Aly there is no place better on Earth than Gram and Grampa's house!
I am pretty certain they would choose to go there over any friends houses.
Here we are hanging out during April's General Conference (Jack has been more than a bit camera shy... more like camera resentful... lately. Hence the pic of him hiding behind Grampa!):
I am pretty certain they would choose to go there over any friends houses.
Here we are hanging out during April's General Conference (Jack has been more than a bit camera shy... more like camera resentful... lately. Hence the pic of him hiding behind Grampa!):
There was of course no shortage of delicious food! We had a scrumptious lunch and dinner with them... sneaked plenty of treats from the candy bowls... and were sent home with loads of food and desserts. Truman even tried his first pickle!
Not surprisingly, he didn't even flinch trying it. No sour face at all. He's a Burton alright!
Gram and Uncle Tyler recently painted the kitchen red and made a chalkboard for the boys with chalkboard paint. Cute! They loved it! Do you like Alaster's penguin?Truman did a fair bit of actually watching conference (Is that pose on the couch not the funniest?!? That BUM!):
Cindy and I went on a shopping trip with the boys while Daddy and Grampa were running an 11 year old scout activity.
We got in the car and headed for one of our favorite destinations... Beachy's!:
We got in the car and headed for one of our favorite destinations... Beachy's!:
It was Truman's very first time there! Yahoo! We loaded up on all the essentials, some fun non-essentials (ice cream cone shaped gummies anyone?) and even some supplies for our home-school this summer!
Gram let the boys pick out some little toys and treats. Jack got "flarp." Joy. And Alaster got duck bubbles. They ate treats and played with their things on the way to the next stop. When we got home we found that Gram had bought us all some special surprises without us seeing. She is too sweet!
Next we headed to our local outlet malls.Have I told you lately how spoiled we are?
Gram loaded all three boys up with everything they will need for summer... and then some!
The boys will be so very handsome, and they loved getting to choose their things with her.
And as if doing all of that weren't enough... she also got me some super-stylish new Sunday shoes and new kitchen scizzors.
Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled.
Here are the boys sporting their new sunglasses:
That shopping trip will be a warm memory for me for a long time I'm sure. I loved spending the time with Cindy. I loved being able to talk to her, and was of course filled with gratitude thinking of all that they do for us. Buying us both fun and needed things is just the tip of the iceberg of their support and love!
Did I ever tell you about the time Cindy took me to the after hours clinic following a seriously embarrassing calf injury? That's a good one! And such a good example of her being there for me... even when I bring stupid, stupid things upon myself.
Okay... on to Easter...
Gram is the one that does the fun side of Easter. I'm kind of a dud when it comes to Easter Baskets etc. I am glad that she provides that for them! It is a fun tradition each year, and the boys were not disappointed.
We had a lovely dinner and the boys played with the contents of their baskets. Corey and I were not left out of the fun (we never are!) and we have enjoyed our treats and gifts too.
Did I ever tell you about the time Cindy took me to the after hours clinic following a seriously embarrassing calf injury? That's a good one! And such a good example of her being there for me... even when I bring stupid, stupid things upon myself.
Okay... on to Easter...
Gram is the one that does the fun side of Easter. I'm kind of a dud when it comes to Easter Baskets etc. I am glad that she provides that for them! It is a fun tradition each year, and the boys were not disappointed.
We had a lovely dinner and the boys played with the contents of their baskets. Corey and I were not left out of the fun (we never are!) and we have enjoyed our treats and gifts too.
We love you Gram and Grampa and we'll see you tomorrow!








4 comments:
Grandparents really are great! This post is making me very nostalgic. My parents left yesterday for their mission in South Africa, and my boys don't even know yet what they will be missing out on for the next couple of years. They sent us all a copy of their house key before they left, but visiting their home won't have that "magical" quality of having a grandma around to spoil them.
And I am kind of addicted to Beachy's. Neal keeps telling me that I am not allowed to buy any more random stuff in bags because our pantry is getting our of control.
1. Love Truman taking off his sunglasses.
2. What, you do not count the 12 seconds that Tru was in Beachy's when you led us there? :P (j/k i know 12 seconds is not very memorable!)
3. How was the book??? Rachel F was telling me about it -- want to get my hands on it. I think she's lending her copy to JaNae right now.
Love the chalkboard in the kitchen! Very fun. Also the fort picture is adorable!!! I wouldn't worry about the age dif. I get along best with my sister that is five years younger and my two sisters that were three years apart were like twins growing up. They'd share a birthday party every year and are still the best of friends :)
How did you love the book Ash? I got it and loved it loved it loved it she is incredible :) I took it over for grandma carmen to read while she recovers from her hips surgery. Miss you love you and as you well know your family is stinking adorable that is all!!! xoxo
Post a Comment