I had to say goodbye to a dear friend today.
It stunk.
I hugged her tight, sent her on her way, and allowed myself just a few discreet tears.
Technically they leave tomorrow morning, but when she left my house this morning we both knew that was it.
Goodbyes stink.
Did I say that already?
I hugged her tight, sent her on her way, and allowed myself just a few discreet tears.
Technically they leave tomorrow morning, but when she left my house this morning we both knew that was it.
Goodbyes stink.
Did I say that already?
We had a good morning before she left. We ate snacks, enjoyed cameo appearances by David, the Freestones and the Cromars, played old maid and painted with the kids, and enjoyed chit chatting all the while...
Aren't their creations beautiful? Sarah's are the top 2 left, Aly the top rainbow (copying Katie's of course), Katie has the original rainbow lower left with her friends name "Zoe," on it, another Sarah, and 1 more Aly... corner bottom right. Aly's with a frame is of lightning and an octopus! It was quite a story!
I am so, so happy they came and spent some time with us today!It wouldn't have been right for them to leave otherwise!
JaNae has been serving as the 2nd counselor extraordinaire in our Relief Society Presidency since I became the President. When I prayed about the name of a new counselor I felt so strongly it should be her. It's hard to imagine what we will be like without her!
To give her a proper send off our last weekly meeting included sticky popcorn, fancy chocolate ice cream, and a chick flick of her choosing "The Importance of Being Earnest."
In addition to our current Presidency we invited Amber who had served as our secretary before Marie joined us.
We had a great time!
What am I going to do without JaNae?
I don't even think she knows how much her friendship and support has meant to me.
JaNae is happy and always upbeat.
She had one of the hardest jobs in the presidency (overseeing/running/carrying out the meetings formerly known as enrichment AND the ward activities assigned to Relief Society ie. THE WARD CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!) and I never once heard her complain. She always has a smile and a get-er-done attitude.
She is the kind of person worthy of your trust. If she says she will do it, she will. It will get done, and it will be wonderful. She's also the kind of person that is genuinely interested in you and your story... who talks with you for real, and leaves you feeling brighter and better about yourself after spending even just a few moments together.
What rare and wonderful qualities!
She was diligent in her calling in the Presidency, and also as a Visiting Teacher.
Her thoughts and insights offered in our Presidency meetings grounded me and inspired me to be better.
I hope she felt appreciated for all of the service that she so willingly gave.
JaNae, Dearest (as I always call you), I miss you and your amazing family like crazy already.
Good luck in Big Fat Texas and never forget you are loved by folks in the cornfields!
I don't even think she knows how much her friendship and support has meant to me.
JaNae is happy and always upbeat.
She had one of the hardest jobs in the presidency (overseeing/running/carrying out the meetings formerly known as enrichment AND the ward activities assigned to Relief Society ie. THE WARD CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!) and I never once heard her complain. She always has a smile and a get-er-done attitude.
She is the kind of person worthy of your trust. If she says she will do it, she will. It will get done, and it will be wonderful. She's also the kind of person that is genuinely interested in you and your story... who talks with you for real, and leaves you feeling brighter and better about yourself after spending even just a few moments together.
What rare and wonderful qualities!
She was diligent in her calling in the Presidency, and also as a Visiting Teacher.
Her thoughts and insights offered in our Presidency meetings grounded me and inspired me to be better.
I hope she felt appreciated for all of the service that she so willingly gave.
JaNae, Dearest (as I always call you), I miss you and your amazing family like crazy already.
Good luck in Big Fat Texas and never forget you are loved by folks in the cornfields!


2 comments:
I love the Importance of being earnest!
JaNae IS awesome! totally saved the combined activity we did. And I agree that she's a very good listener. A rare gem!
So glad that you've now seen the importance of being earnest! :)
Post a Comment