Thanks to preschool/1st grade and a husband who doesn't like to wait for things my M Day started early.
The boys brought home lots of darling handmade creations from school (I didn't take pictures. I am a horrible person! I loved them though, and still have them! Promise!) and Corey gave me a box of ultra-rich Trinidad's from Fannie May.
All week leading up to M Day Alaster talked about singing to me at church.
He also prayed that I would have a good Mother's Day and that I would look pretty.
When he started praying for that I figured Corey and the boys had made me something to wear.
I was right! Do you love my "Mother's Day Badge"? (When you are a mom of all boys it's a "badge," not a "pin,")
The bugs are symbolic of course. One for each boy. Although... Jack and Aly both claimed to be the blue one! Nobody wanted to be the pink/green guy.
And you better believe the badge was a 100% Corey original. I asked if he saw the idea online and the answer was "no." What a guy!
The boys brought home lots of darling handmade creations from school (I didn't take pictures. I am a horrible person! I loved them though, and still have them! Promise!) and Corey gave me a box of ultra-rich Trinidad's from Fannie May.
All week leading up to M Day Alaster talked about singing to me at church.
He also prayed that I would have a good Mother's Day and that I would look pretty.
When he started praying for that I figured Corey and the boys had made me something to wear.
I was right! Do you love my "Mother's Day Badge"? (When you are a mom of all boys it's a "badge," not a "pin,")
The bugs are symbolic of course. One for each boy. Although... Jack and Aly both claimed to be the blue one! Nobody wanted to be the pink/green guy.
And you better believe the badge was a 100% Corey original. I asked if he saw the idea online and the answer was "no." What a guy!
Also in the above collage you will see a picture of Jack running in circles. Ten to be exact. In primary they had the kids make coupon books. I don't think the boys totally understood the point. One of Jacks said "Run in 10 circles." And Alaster tried to give himself screen time with them. :)Jack was still tired from the Father/Son's campout so he didn't join Aly and Truman in our before church picture. He warmed up at church though and did go up to sing (there had been some question about it that morning) and then quite willingly took pictures on the blue chair with us at home. I loved watching the boys sing. They were so incredibly sweet! I was one very proud momma! The rest of church was wonderful too, but that was certainly the highlight for me.
After church I was given a nap (thank you honey!) and we headed off to Grams!
Corey made her the best Mother's Day gift EVER:
After church I was given a nap (thank you honey!) and we headed off to Grams!
Corey made her the best Mother's Day gift EVER:
Can you believe that?!? He said that he needed more sophisticated tools so some of the angles were off, but I think it turned out pretty darn perfectly. That wheel on it (which he made!) totally even works! You can roll it around like a real wheelbarrow! Ed and Cindy have a really lovely yard and the wheelbarrow/planterbox will look perfectly at home with the rest of their design. We didn't paint it so that Cindy could choose which color she would like. When it's all finished I'll snap a pic and put it up!Cindy really loved it! She says that Corey inherited his love of working with wood from his Grandpa, and she loves to see that quality in him.
At Grams we ate a delicious dinner, celebrated M Day along with Tyler's Graduation (Go Tyler!) and played. We always love spending time with them! And of course they spoiled me with a cute new frame with the boys pic in it, a new purse, and a gift card for summer shirts (which I so desperately needed!)
All in all a pretty successful day! Thank you to my honey who takes the time and goes to the effort of making me feel loved and appreciated. On Mother's Day and plain ol' regular days he validates, supports, and loves me in my motherly role.
I am one lucky gal!
7 comments:
How sweet!!! I LOVE the badge. I am so glad that you had such a good day, because I certainly think you are a fabulous mom!
Side note: the kids in our ward didn't sing. I was a smidgey sad about that because I always love it too.
I love the badge, too. And I am super impressed that Corey designed it himself! I really like seeing all of his amazing projects.
And the coupon book/running in circles is cute, too. I think some quality entertainment from your kids is a great mother's day gift!
Corey is pretty impressive with his hand-made original creations! What a guy!
I'm glad your boys made you feel loved and special on your special M day. You deserved every bit of it!
Your coupons made me laugh, especially Aly trying to give himself screen time. Mine were coupons for Andrew to help daddy build a "real waterslide." I guess I would get some enjoyment out of sliding on it.
The badge is amazing! And so is the wheelbarrow! I am so impressed!
I'm not sure why it posted me as "unknown"... It's me, Shayla
aww, happy mothers' day! too funny about the coupon book. :)
Post a Comment