Have I ever told you how cute Jack is with Truman?
I absolutely love watching the pair of them.
I absolutely love watching the pair of them.
One happy moment I looked forward to every day while Jack was in school came when he got home.One of the first things he would do was find his baby and talk to him in the sweetest voice saying things like "Hi baby! Jack's home!" "Have you missed me baby? Oooooh! I missed you too!" "Have you been a good baby for mommy?" "Yeeeeah? Yeeeeeah? Well you are just the sweetest, cutest baby in the world!" "Yeah. You've been a good baby, huh?!?" "I love you baby."
While Truman was learning to crawl I once found Jack coaxing him in his direction calling out (in a voice just like an adult would do for a baby) "Come to Papa! Come to Papa!"
Jack gets that Truman is a baby (Aly too most of the time) and never gets mad at him for doing baby-things that sometimes annoy older siblings... like when Truman wants to play the piano with him while he is practicing, or when he gets into his stuff, or pulls his hair etc. He just smiles sweetly and says "no, no, no baby," or even better "It's okay baby you, can have that."Once he had a friend over who got a little upset at something Truman had done. I could tell Jack was really annoyed but somewhat nervous to say something. It looked to me like he was surprised that his friend would respond to Truman like that. In a quiet voice he told his friend "He's just a baby you know." His friend shaped up after that, and I praised Jack later for standing up for his baby!
Jack and Aly both enjoy his funny baby things as much as Corey and I. One day Truman was really "working," hard. He was quite seriously moving toys from one box to another. I told the boys he was doing his work and they got such a kick out of it! I directed Truman "In. Now out. Yes that's right baby. Now back in again." etc. etc. They giggled and giggled then came over and told him in their cute voices "Good job baby! What an important job!"
We laughed and I got to tell them the kind of "work," they had done as babies.
Remember Jack and the pillows? I didn't have a blog back then but maybe people in my family will remember him working one afternoon for hours taking pillows from one couch to the loveseat and back again.
Truman likes to please his older brothers too. He has learned a few tricks that he knows will make them laugh. For instance, Jack and Aly love it when he is disagreeable. They will ask him a question and he emphatically shakes his head "No, no, no."Real Life Example: It's Jack's turn to choose the treat for Friday movie night. He asks Truman "Should we haaaaaave... brownies?" Truman shakes his head "no, no, no." The boys laugh and laugh and Jack says "No? Okay baby, how abooooout... cookies?" Truman looks him right in the eyes and says "no, no, no," again and the game continues.
It should also be noted that I can (and do!) leave Jack in charge of Truman while I go take care of things sometimes. I come back to find Truman in giggles... or them working on a project together... or Jack trying to lift him in some way that's not quite working out but is really cute nonetheless. What a help that oldest child of mine is!
I am so glad that the boys are having as much fun with Truman as Corey and I are. They recognize him as the gift that he is.
It is downright adorable and such a huge blessing!
1 comment:
truman's hair is ADORABLE!!!! Such cute stories of brotherly love!!
Post a Comment