My History

Saturday, June 2, 2012

P P P Party Time!

Good Morning!
May I P-P-Proudly P-P-Present a P-P-Plethora of P-P-Pictures of our School-Is-Out-For-Summer
P-P-P-Party!!!

As I'm sure you've noticed already, it was a themed party. After I came up with it I had fun teasing the boys. I told them we were going to have a fun day celebrating both Jack and Aly being done with school. When they asked what we were going to do I would only give them one clue:

"We are going to have a P-P-P-Party!"

It actually annoyed Jack quite a bit because he was dying to know, but we need to build P-P-Patience in this instant-gratification-world of ours, so I didn't cave in and tell them. Instead I encouraged them to think about it and figure it out :)

At breakfast on Jack's last day of school I finally revealed the truth.
The P-P-Party P-P-Plan was 3 fold:

P-P-Picnic, P-P-Paint and P-P-Popsicles!

Success! They loved it!

From there the "P-P-P-ing," got out of control. The boys had a bunch of their own ideas. Jack renamed everyone, and I mean eeeeveryone in our housing community so that they had "P," names. First our family: Pommy, Paddy, Pack, Paly, and Puman (pronounced "pooman," they sure got a kick out of that!). Then on to our dear friends: Penry, Peodore (which also got a laugh, heaven help me), Pandrew, Peva... and so on and so forth.

Aly came up with fun activities too... like: Let's "Paint Pictures for People." to which Jack said "Good alliteration Aly!" What a smart boy! (They did a literary devices section in school this year)

Anyway. Enough gabbing. To make a long story short: Jack had his last, very short day, we picked him up, I made the boys clean with me for 2 hours while the baby napped, the baby woke up and then the festivities began. Whew!

Now on to the P-P-Pictures!

#1 The P-P-Picnic:



Sometimes having a theme for these silly things we do really works to my advantage.
Jack has been going through a "I don't want you to take my picture," phase.
Buuuut... P-P-Pictures starts with P! All I had to do was tie it to the theme and he was sold! No complaints or trying to hide all day long! Sweeeet.

The P-P-Picnic was so P-P-Peaceful. It was such a lovely day. The weather was just right for a picnic. Warm, but not hot... a little breeze... Beautiful.

Things eventually turned silly when I allowed the boys turns with the camera. I'll spare you a play-by-play of each shot. Just know we were having fun:

A ladybug joined the party aaand Jack found a dead bird. Exciting! Gross!

#2 P-P-Paint:

Or more accurately: P-P-Painting with P-P-Popsicles on the P-P-Pavement:

Gotta say. This one was fun! Idea HERE and HERE.

Ashlee Tip: To keep the popsicle sticks in place cover the ice tray with foil and use scizzors to cut slits for them to go in (Don't just shove the popsicles through. It doesn't work nearly as well. Trust me.)

So fun!


I was so glad Jack asked me to play tic-tac-toe with him. I really wanted to try them out!

It's a duck billed platypus for those of you that are wondering!

Jack said I could do more than just tic-tac-toe:

#3 P-P-Popsicles:

Jack wanted to stay with our creations. Aly needed a break from being outside.

Aly joined back up with Jack after eating his popsicle. They got sticks and guarded the paintings while they dried. Mostly it was a lot of ninja-move-practicing. Pretty cute.

All in all it was a P-P-Positively P-P-Perfect day that left us P-P-Pretty darn P-P-Pooped!

I love my boys. I love that they get so excited by silly little things like this. What we did really wasn't that amazing. I mean, just think how far I could have carried this thing! P-P-Put-Put Golf, Create your own P-P-Pizza and P-P-Popcorn Balls... etc. etc. etc. The P-P-Possibilities are endless! But budgets don't usually extend as far as our imaginations do they? And they loved it just the same! Aren't kids great that way? We really did have so much fun together.

The next morning Aly woke me up with a snuggle and said "Do you remember our Party? That was so fun."

Yes it was Aly. Yes it was!

3 comments:

coryshay said...

What a fun mom!

Alysa Stewart said...

awww, so super fun!

Unknown said...

Never doubt your awesomeness!!