My History

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

HS Projects Week 3

Our art project this week was a watercolor! We made jellyfish using the techniques taught HERE. We don't own pastels, so we opted to add details with crayons. Works for me! I liked that this project included tapping, splattering, and color blending.

Alaster made not one, but two paintings! Each one had a story to tell. My favorite was about a little baby jelly who was snuggling with his mommy.
Jack's jellies also had a story. In one of his jellies you can see a fish that became entangled in the stinging tentacles and was consequently eaten! I also really love Jack's color choices!

As they dried before crayon details were added:

(Alaster top two paintings, Jack lower left, Mommy lower right)

Adding the crayon details/the finished project:

Daddy got to teach the boys their science project. He found it himself HERE.
I wasn't home when they did it, but it sounded like a success!

1 comment:

katers said...

I totally need to try your science project. I tried to do a similar one once where you use only water for the liquid, but make each layer a different density by adding different amounts of sugar to it and mine didn't work so well. Instead of a rainbow we had a brown jug of yuck.

Cute jellies!!