I have been thinking about my blog.
Lots.
As I mentioned in my last post... we'll be going private.
I've also been musing about other changes... should I post more of my thoughts on things and less of just what we DO? Should I become a one-picture-a-day-with-some-daily-journaling kind of gal?
I don't know.
I think about the reasons why I blog and wonder if I am accomplishing my goals.
I am blogging for myself (and Corey). I picture a 97 year old me (you BET I plan on living that long) looking at my blog and thinking "Wow. Look at my life! Look at my kids!" I imagine "Oh yeah! I remember that!" moments and getting to be grateful all over again for my many, many blessings. I want to have a way to remember the things I did, the experiences I've had, and the people that I love.
I am blogging for my kids. I want them to remember their childhood. I sincerely hope that they will look back and feel warmth and happiness, security and love. Will they know as they read that we tried our darndest to provide that for them?
I want them to read stories about how cute and funny they were. I want them to see their own progression and growth. I hope they read and catch a glimpse at how unique and special they are. I hope they read and know how much joy Corey and I found (and find) in being their parents.
(Although something tells me they won't ever really be able to know that... maybe when they have kids of their own?)
I am blogging for my kid's kids. When they read their grandma's blog (I hope they will... They will won't they?) will they know who I was? Will they get a glimpse of my personality? Will they know what mattered most to me? Will they see anything in me that they see in themselves?
I blog for other reasons too. It is important to me to stay in contact with my extended family and with dear friends. I like being able to easily share with them what is happening in our lives, and keep track of what is going on with them too. How blessed we are to live in a day when we can keep those bonds and strengthen them across life changes and state lines!
I also like to sharing ideas, processing things, venting and the thought that maybe something I write will be helpful to another person in some way...
That's a lot to ask of one simple little blog, eh?
So anyway.
You may see some changes around here... or not... I don't know yet...
But you for sure won't see them if you don't email me or comment and let me know that you want to keep reading. Don't forget we go private in T-Minus 4 days people. :)
-Ashlee Out
PS- I watched THIS tonight. If you have 11 minutes to spare I highly recommend you do too.
Lots.
As I mentioned in my last post... we'll be going private.
I've also been musing about other changes... should I post more of my thoughts on things and less of just what we DO? Should I become a one-picture-a-day-with-some-daily-journaling kind of gal?
I don't know.
I think about the reasons why I blog and wonder if I am accomplishing my goals.
I am blogging for myself (and Corey). I picture a 97 year old me (you BET I plan on living that long) looking at my blog and thinking "Wow. Look at my life! Look at my kids!" I imagine "Oh yeah! I remember that!" moments and getting to be grateful all over again for my many, many blessings. I want to have a way to remember the things I did, the experiences I've had, and the people that I love.
I am blogging for my kids. I want them to remember their childhood. I sincerely hope that they will look back and feel warmth and happiness, security and love. Will they know as they read that we tried our darndest to provide that for them?
I want them to read stories about how cute and funny they were. I want them to see their own progression and growth. I hope they read and catch a glimpse at how unique and special they are. I hope they read and know how much joy Corey and I found (and find) in being their parents.
(Although something tells me they won't ever really be able to know that... maybe when they have kids of their own?)
I am blogging for my kid's kids. When they read their grandma's blog (I hope they will... They will won't they?) will they know who I was? Will they get a glimpse of my personality? Will they know what mattered most to me? Will they see anything in me that they see in themselves?
I blog for other reasons too. It is important to me to stay in contact with my extended family and with dear friends. I like being able to easily share with them what is happening in our lives, and keep track of what is going on with them too. How blessed we are to live in a day when we can keep those bonds and strengthen them across life changes and state lines!
I also like to sharing ideas, processing things, venting and the thought that maybe something I write will be helpful to another person in some way...
That's a lot to ask of one simple little blog, eh?
So anyway.
You may see some changes around here... or not... I don't know yet...
But you for sure won't see them if you don't email me or comment and let me know that you want to keep reading. Don't forget we go private in T-Minus 4 days people. :)
-Ashlee Out
PS- I watched THIS tonight. If you have 11 minutes to spare I highly recommend you do too.
8 comments:
ambieb1@yahoo.com
invite me please!
And blog whatever your heart desires! i love all of it
ALL OF THE ABOVE... journaling/blogging is for all the reasons that the scriptures tell us we should do one or the other or both... "out of the book of life" how else will we be remembered. Alma's 100 greats generations GET THEIR ANCESTORS STORY.... I love reading Great Grandma Lambson's journalings or Moses Clawson's or even Dolores' notes in cook books.... LIFE IS TO BE REMEMBERED.... I think I sent the new email to you... if not here you go
deemom@gmail.com
love aunt deedee
Hi! Please add us, we love seeing the boys and you of course! kbabes204@yahoo.com
If you ever need a Vegas vacation please know you are always invited. :) 19
haha that 19 was supposed to be on the wacky code you have to type in...guess i didn't quite type it in the right place.
Hi Ash. Did you know I have you on my reader? I totally love hearing about your amazing family? Please invite me.
ashleygottfredson@ gmail.com
I love, love, LOVE reading your blog. You are a huge inspiration to me! I would love to be included in your list. :) dkn.harmon@gmail.com
I'm glad you sent me an invite even though I didn't comment! I love everything you post! I wish I wrote more on my blog like you do. But at this stage in my life, email posting pics from my phone is what my blogging looks like! Someday I will be more like you!
I have not checked blogs for . . . oh a month now so I'm sure glad you invited me to view your now-private blog! I'd LOVE to keep reading, when I get back to reading.
Post a Comment