My History

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ice Cream Social 2012

The Saturday before school began we invited some of our friends over for one last Burton Bash!

It was by far the easiest party I have ever thrown.
We used Evites.
(Although I'm starting to think those aren't the best option. There is inevitably someone who misses the "message from the host," and doesn't know, for instance, that they were supposed to bring ice cream. We had more than enough of course, but I felt so bad that they didn't get the message!)
The only thing I made was a batch of Neapolitan inspired mini-cupcakes.
(Corey thought I was crazy for doing so, but I wanted to do some kind of decoration to make the table pretty and this was such an easy, yummy and inexpensive choice! I thought my idea was cute and that they looked very pretty on the table.)
The rest was inexpensive, store bought, and only took a few minutes to set up.

Here was our table:

Ice Cream gummies from Beachy's :)

Next to the table we had several coolers filled with ice that people deposited their ice cream in. It was a super laid back thing that didn't even require the use of our home except for the occasional potty break :) Being outdoors, the clean up for this party was also the easiest on record.

Now to show you our beautiful friends.

We invited quite a few people, but next year I think I'll include even more. We were worried about running out of space, but our quad backyard still felt roomy even with the 14 Families that attended.

I'm going to go ahead and list the families that came... I didn't get pictures of every family in it's complete form, but I did my best! I was trying to enjoy the party, not just be taking pictures of it :)

2 things to notice in the collages: Zona holding a picture that she drew for me :) and the look on Jeff Savages face. He and Corey were by each other and I wanted a shot because they are such good friends. When I told them to smile at me they took a step away from each other. I told them to get closer together and Corey asked "Do you want me to kiss his cheek too?" I shot the picture right after he said that.

Top Row, L to R: Jeff and Melanie Sweet, Alex and Talitha Curtis (Helen, Henry, Katarina), Bobby and Susan Evans (Alice, Robert),

Bottom Row, L to R: Jacob and Alysa Stewart (Benjamin, Levi), Marie and Tyler Pack (Owen), Monica Kennedy (Carson, Emmy, Jolee), Eric and Chelsea Coronel

Top Row, L to R: Scott and Catherine Cromar (Andrew, Ellie, Zona, Miles), Emily and Jeff Savage (Evangeline, Genevieve), Corey and Ashlee Burton (You better know what should be in these parentheses)

Bottom Row, L to R: Todd and Rachel Freestone (Henry, Theodore), Neal and Kiersten Davis (Soren, Bronson), Julieann and Jaron Krogel (Justin, Esther)

Not Pictured: Nick and Emily Anderson (They came after I had put my camera away)

Look at these cute kiddos. I love the sticky hands and faces! There were lots of them that night!



The only shot I got of Jack was as he played Soccer with a big group of kids. I asked him afterwards how he liked the party and he declared it "the best one ever!"

I'm also glad I got a picture of Ellie and Zona playing in the rocks with Eva. We sure do miss those cute kids around here (they moved to CA the day after the party)!



Would you like to know how Truman spent the party? He spent his time doing his 2 favorite things in this whole, wide world: Walking and Eating Rocks. Daddy tagged along after him the majority of the night. What a busy, busy boy!

Not sure why I am straining my neck like that in the picture. It makes me look a little crazed!

Thanks to all of our friends for coming!
We love you so!

1 comment:

Sara Newton said...

Looks like it was a fun event! I think we spent that day in Hershey, PA. I'm sad we missed it!