My History

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Morning Slither

About a week ago I was admiring Jack's artwork in a notebook he routinely takes to church. I think his drawings have a really cool style to them. I was telling him so and said maybe someday he'd write and illustrate a book.

He said he would.
It would be about a snake.
Named Slither.

A couple of days later after drawing on the stairs for a while he presented me with his tape bound book. He wrote it on small paper, so the illustrations were few... but I loved it all the same. I think he wrote in pink marker for me.

I present to you: Slither the Snake by Jack E. R. Burton.





(Stew, Spaghetti, Rat Sausage)




(Don't you love slither's face? Such a simple drawing, but he really does look as if he feels dreadful!)




(The End written in snake)

(Where the story took place: Florida. What kind of snake is slither: a python)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've had a really rough few days. Slither made me smile.

Aerika Larsen-Newman said...

That was so darling! I miss that boy! I can't believe how grown up they are all getting!

coryshay said...

Heehee...I love the part about feeling dreadful. What a great artist that boy is!