My History

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hot Date

We are such a cute matchy couple.
Even our sinuses go together.
Yep. His and Hers Sinus Infections. Adorable, huh?

It actually hasn't been that bad of a day.

True, true... we've been sick for 15 days and our faces feel like they are about ready to explode... but we've been aching for some alone time and today... we got it! We dropped the boys off with the Grandparents and headed to our hot date destinations: Instacare and the local grocery store pharmacy.

We were so thrilled to see relief in sight and to be spending time together that we were a bit giddy with the pharmacists. Corey felt the need to apologize for my behavior, but I think the guy thought we were charming. My favorite giggle of the night came when he instructed us to take 2 pills each day "even on Sunday." (How did he know we try to honor the Lord's Day of Rest???) I thought that was pretty funny but it turned out he said "for 10 to 14 days."

And date night has continued! After eating dinner with the boys and getting them to bed we are now watching a BBC show "Bleak House," that we started last weekend and are super into, AND we have (or rather had... I didn't waste any time with mine) Ice Cream Sundaes in hand.

So there you have it! Time alone together...out on the town... a movie... ice cream sundaes... What's not to love about that?

Would you like to know where we got the Sundaes? and where we got these babies (On Labor Day Monday when we were just at the beginning of being sick):

From Cindy of course!
That woman can always be depended upon when your sore throat needs ice cream!
She is helpful in more ways than this obviously, but I gotta say that it's nice to know if you are sick at least you will get a treat out of it! Some people bring soup (she's done that too and we loved it) but... personal opinion... I think ice cream is even better.

Alright kids. I'm getting back to my movie and my husband now. Toodles!

No comments: