I should be blogging about lots of other things right now! I'm so far behind! 3 posts in Oct??? Oh no!
Anyway... this is terribly out of order but I wanted to show you the pictures from Jack's Fall Class Party yesterday. The boys don't have school today and we are being super lazy so I thought it would be a good time :)
I am the room mom in Jack's class this year. Did I tell you that? As room mom I get to plan and organize the class parties. Our first party was a great experience! I came up with the party plan and rustled up support from the other parents by having them either send in supplies or come staff the stations at the party. It was a little hectic, but you know me! I love the thrill of party planning!
Station #1 The Treats! Decorate your own Caramel Apple Pumpkin (they didn't look as pumpkin-ey as I'd hoped. I think the recipe I had was a bad one! Oh well!) and Eat Donut Hole Acorns!
Gram was the treat station manager. No one better for the job! (I feel so lucky to have such supportive and helpful family around!!!!) We had sandwich baggies with frosting in them for each of the kids. She snipped off the tips and voila! the kids could pipe frosting onto their apple and get creative adding a variety of candies available on the tray. Jack LOVED the caramel apples. He thought they were so yummy! He said this station was his second favorite. And may I say... the donut hole acorns were delish!
Station #2 Witch Hat Ring Toss and Pumpkin Broom Race! Corey and Jim ran these stations. (Such a good daddy! He only got... I think... 4 hours of sleep total yesterday? He wouldn't have missed it for the world though!)
I think the kids had a lot of fun in this station. I heard a whole lot of commotion from the station I was manning and Corey said the kids all did a good job. Isn't the ring toss cute? My dearest Marie came over the night before to help with all the party prep. She made that game. Too cute! Thanks Marie!
At this station the children got the added pleasure of saying hello to Truman. That sweet baby sat in his stroller the whole time... just watching, making faces at the children, laughing... the kids were all really cute with him so I think he felt entertained the whole time. Whew! I was worried he would be a major distraction!
Station #3 Origami Bat Folding and Halloween Face Contest! I was kind of proud of this idea. Firstly, I knew Jack would like it, and I am room mom so I get the perk of choosing things that I know my own child will enjoy. Secondly, it's pretty standard that the party include some kind of craft which can get both A) Expensive and B) Messy! All this craft took was pieces of paper and some glow in the dark glue. Plus the children seemed to really enjoy it. I manned this station and had tons of fun teaching the kiddos!
Loved the Halloween Faces! We went around the table and each child did their very best Halloween Face. At the end we all voted (one vote, can't vote for your self) and the Winner got a piece of Candy.
Station #4 Group Spider Web Creation and Spider Game! Amy (Jack's Best Friend Ethan's Mom) ran this one. She was great! I knew it would take someone creative and fun to do this one. The idea was that as a group, the children took turns passing the yarn around creating a spider web on the chairs. Then tossed the spider in and had the kids try and get to the spider in various ways without touching the web they had just made. Jack said this one was his favorite!
And that was that! I learned a lot of lessons that will be great to take to the Winter Party, but for the most part I would call this party a success. Jack called it such so I am satisfied!
Big Thank You: To Uncle Tyler for being our official Event Photographer!
Sad News: None of us were ever able to sneak away to go visit Alaster in his classroom. :( . We were seriously bummed about this. Thankfully though, Aly is the sweetest boy on the planet and he totally understood. He had a lot of fun in his party and enjoyed showing us what they made and telling us about the fun they had.
He's so sweet. When we got home he asked me "Mom, since you didn't get to come to my party..." and here I was thinking he would ask me to play something with him or give him a treat or something but instead he ended "do you want to choose a piece of candy out of my bag?" He felt bad for ME that I didn't get to come. Oh that boy!
Hope your Halloween Season has been a blast so far!














1 comment:
looks so fun! You have great ideas!
Post a Comment