My History

Monday, November 12, 2007

My Corey


Yesterday, November 11th, was the anniversiary of when Corey and I got engaged. In Young Womens recently I got a chance to tell our engagement story to the girls, and it was so fun! I hadn't had an opportunity to tell it for quite some time, and as I told the girls I remembered how much fun that time in our life was.

You know when I first got engaged, I loved Corey very much, and I had all these ideas in my head about what our life would be like together, and how being married would be. Well let me tell you that as fun as those dreams were, ACTUAL life with Corey far surpasses anything that I could have dreamed.

Corey is selfless, hardworking, and SO much fun. He is constantly surprising me by how wonderful he is. We've been married for almost four years, we knew eachother for two years before that, and he continues to amaze me. For instance, can I tell you a story about him? The other weekend I was going off at the mouth about ballet (a subject that I haven't brought up in a VERY long time) and I was trying to think of a name of one of my favorite dancers and all the sudden Corey says "Ethan Steiffel?" and he was totally right! I couldn't believe that he listened to me so well, so many years ago. He really listens to me, and he makes me feel cherished. This week after I had gone a little crazy about something I wanted to do he told me "Don't worry, if it's important to you, it's important to me." How lucky am I?

Corey is honestly a Mary Poppins husband. He is practically perfect in everyway. My decision to marry him was the single best decision I ever made. He is my love, my life, and my motivation to keep going when times get tough because I want to have him forever. Thank you Corey for all you are, and all that we have together :) I love you more thank you know...

5 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Wow Ashley...that story made me have warm fuzzies inside..and helped me feel reassured about a decision I have made for myself as well. I am glad you guys are so happy!

coryshay said...

Corey, I am so amazed... You are my hero. If you know who Ethan Steiffel is, I take my hat off to you. I have a funny story like that about my Cory. We were sitting there one day, and he turned to me and says, "so am I a Jacob or an Edward?" My jaw dropped. I didn't know he was listening to me when I was talking to my friends about the Twilight series.. hilarious, eh?

Cal and Whit said...

That is very sweet Ash. Happy Anniversary. I still remember where I was when you told me your engagement story and it was definitely a sweet one!

coryshay said...

Another similar story that I knew you'd appreciate Ash... someone said the other day "What's Nacho's last name?" (meaning Nacho Libre) and Cory said "Duato". Man I love him!

deemom said...

i had so much fun playing with "the boys" yesterday. You are such a good mom. Those boys are so lucky to have you as their mom and to have done such a good job getting them the right dad. love you sweetie have a good day
love, aunt deedee