My History

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Why must they grow up?

Jack has been sick the past few days and he has mostly been hanging out on the couch taking it easy. Today while he was watching a movie I went to the kitchen to do dishes, I came back and he had fallen asleep like this.



I couldn't help but think of when he used to look like this... (this is him up against the arm of the couch not the back. SO LITTLE)



I had the same thought when we took this picture. See how much of the crib he takes up now



As compared to then?



He is a total man child. Not my little baby Jack anymore. Sigh. I love that he is getting bigger and all the things we can do with him now, but when I think of how small and cute he started out I can't help but be sad. Heaven help me when he starts school... (I'm trying not to think too much further than that or I will start to cry)

Thank heavens for new little babies. I have decided that Alaster is not going to get big. He is going to stay like this forever because I just love him too much the way he is now. Jack was uncomfortable a lot as a baby which made him hard, but Alaster is just perfect and so I think he is not allowed to grow up. The end. It's decided. He's always going to be just like this...

5 comments:

katers said...

hey, i totally know how you feel. i'm always telling brandon that it's a good thing we have andrew because parker won't snuggle with me anymore!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Geesh that is crazy! I know you are such a great mom though and thats awesome! I miss you tons Ash!

coryshay said...

Too cute!! You know what happens when the babies grow up? You just have to have more babies!! Or have your friends have babies that you can hold! I'd do that for you, Ash ;)

Cal and Whit said...

oh, Jack looks so darling in his big boy underware, and he looks oh so cute in his little baby pics. It hurts my heart that he is so big, and i am not even his mom!

Cal and Whit said...

plus, i forgot to say how darling Aly looked all cozy and warm. He can totally stay that way forever, I agree!