My History

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday Happenings

So really... I should have been doing posts all this month because so much has happened. Oh well. I am just going to have to play a bit of catch up that's all. I have a feeling this is going to get long, but here we go...

We started the season off at our ward Christmas Party. It was Jack's first Santa Sighting, and although he doesn't look it in the picture he was THRILLED to see and meet him. Didn't hesitate a second to get up on his lap and have a nice chat.



That very same day Jack, Alaster, and I attended one of my favorite Family Holiday Traditions... CANDY DAY! All the women in my mom's side of the family met at my Aunt DeeDee's house for the occasion. Usually we all bring loads of things to make, but this year the Aunties took the opportunity to teach us younger girls how to make the difficult candies like Divinity, Toffee, and White Fudge. It was a great tutorial, and my Aunt Nat even sent us home with all our traditional family dessert recipes in a cute little book. Jack and Aimee had tons of fun together as usual, and Aerika and Alise were so sweet to watch both them and Alaster so I could learn.









The week before Christmas Corey surprised me with an early gift. He knows how much I LOVE having fresh flowers about, and so he got me these beautiful white roses and a new vase. He thought that the white would look pretty for Christmas, and he was very right. Thanks Honey! Also, Jack had gone with him to get the roses, and so he thought he was giving them to me, and due to my reaction when I got them, all week he kept re-giving them to me and saying "I give you pretty flowers, you so Happy!" Then giving me a big hug. It was very sweet.



Okay, so this isn't terribly Christmassy, but one morning a few weeks ago Jack was drawing on this little doodle thing we have, and I thought the picture was really one of the most accurate that he has done so far. Back in the Ta-Ta days he got pretty good at doing his own candles, but not really anything since then. This is a picture that he drew of Ron (which could either mean Ron Weasley- or his Daddy who he often refers to as Ron). I watched him make it and even though it was such a little thing my heart was so proud as I saw him concentrate so hard to get it right. Pretty cute huh?



Also not very Christmassy is this picture, but since we did one for Jack I thought I'd do one for Aly. This is him with me holding him... something I have been doing a lot of lately. He's turning into a momma's boy, and I have to tell you that I really don't mind. I haven't had a baby to hold in a long time, so I enjoy each and every snuggle. Okay sometimes it gets a little hard, like when I want to put him down to make dinner or when Jack needs me to or something... but how does that poem go? "Dusting and sewing can wait till tommorrow for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow, so lie down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby 'cause babies don't keep." Yeah. I like that poem.



This picture is for Ed and Cindy (Corey's parents), they got him such a nice winter coat, and we finally got a good picture of him in it.



One of my favorite days of the season was when Corey and I got to go to Brighton for Corey's work party. Next to Lindsi's Costco Christmas party I think that going snowboarding for a work party was the coolest thing I've ever heard of. I had a blast, and Corey... well he tolerated it. If nothing else he agreed that it was just fun to be together doing something away from our darling babies, and it was nice that it was something out of the ordinary :) Don't I look like a pro coming down that bunny hill?





Another great thing about the season is the fact that Corey has a nice long break from school. For one very happy little boy this means lots of romping time with dad. One night they were playing a game where Jack would hit a pillow on the couch and then Corey would pull his shirt over his head. They both were laughing so hard about it. The pictures are below. Also I have noticed that since they have been able to spend the mornings together before Corey goes to work, Jack has been making a lot more comments to himself (a thing he does frequently. Someday I'm going to do a post about all the things Jack mutters to himself) like "Where's daddy?.... Daddy's at work... I miss 'im." It's been very cute.



3 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

What a fun post! I loved it! I did not know that you guys got to go Snowboarding! what a fun day! I love this post and I had to laugh out loud at how "excited" Jack looked on Santa's lap. Fun to see your pics and read your stories!

coryshay said...

What a fun holiday you guys had! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

coryshay said...

It was so fun coming to see you and your boys! I had a good time!