My History

Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Lick the Walls Hyper" and other fun Jack Stories



Okay, I have been writing little notes on pieces of paper for months about the funny things that Jack says or does with the intention of putting them up on the blog. I chose just a few of my favorites to put up tonight. Oh how I wish you could have been there to witness them with me. SO funny :)

Story #1: Jack and I were sword fighting, and dancing, and being all around crazies the other night. Jack was just as riled up as he could be, and when that happens he usually tries to pull little stunts to make me laugh. This particular evening he chose to start licking the walls. He was breathing in and out really loud and really fast and he would take good long horizontal licks as he ran across our living room wall. All the while I was shouting amid my laughter "JACK EWWW!!! So gross son! DON'T! Stop it!" but he could see that I found him hilarious so my protests didn't do much. Now I refer to being over the top silly as "Lick the walls hyper."

Story #2: The other day I left Jack alone in our bedroom/office for a minute while I went to get Aly something. I came back and Jack had a huge grin on his face and his hands behind his back. I said "Hi Jack." He said "I'm holding papers.....(pause for emphasis) THESE papers." Then he pulled out from behind his back a stack of my papers that he knows is off limits.

Story #3: Corey and I were in the kitchen and Jack had been running in and out and all about with this little Grover doll. Then he went to his room to play with him. He came back to the kitchen and told Corey and me "I want grover." We said "Where is he Jack? What happened to him?" He said "I frew em in da closet." Then we told him to hold on a second while we talked and we would come and help get him out. Then we heard the following conversation that Jack had with Grover.

"Are you alright?... I can't see you!.... You're skuck!... Grover needs a go potty?... (at this point he seemed to get interested in something else) We're see you later."

He was VERY relieved and happy when I retrieved Grover from the closet:



Last but not least a few favorite Jack quotes. For full stories ask me or Corey.

"Chicken Luggest are so good"
"I'ma check it... real quick."
"MMMM! Delicious!"
"I'ma girl, you're a boy."
"I'ma squish you like a bug! Like a BUTTERFLY!"
"How 'bout that?"
"Look at my skills!"
"Bursula."
"Now I'm happy."
"Christopher's a girl."

Needless to say we have a funny child, and we love him VERY much!

2 comments:

coryshay said...

Hmmm... I wonder where he got that personality from?! Those are pretty funny. Tell Jack he's my sillies sword-fighting friend.

Cal and Whit said...

Those stories are so hilarious! I loved them. Thanks for the chuckle!