Here are some of the things we did sunday. This is Alaster crawling down the hall. Probably no one will care about that picture but me. It was cute.

Jack helped Grandma make a cake in the morning because that evening we had a family get-together with all the family that lives in NM.

Here are the pictures from the party. It was so nice to catch up with family that we never get to see. I am super bummed that we won't be able to see them with everyone in Yellowstone this summer. :(
This first one is of me and my two cousins Ashley and Amber and their daughters Kaytlin and Tegan. We all grew up and had kids the same order and space apart as ourselves. I broke the pattern by having a boy, but what do you do?!?

It was a joy to see my little cousins. I can't believe how big they are now! Les and Jodi's kids Hailey and Nick played so cute with Jack. I was grateful for their help! Jack can be kind of shy when first meeting people, and they made him feel so comfortable. It was so nice of them.





Ash and Shelby:

Mely and Keri:

Jack and stick:

Sunday evening was awesome. Jack and Grandma Carmen played on these ridiculous horses together, and Jack had the time of his life. Isn't my Grandma adorable that she will do things like this? To know how much it meant to Jack you can see that he had to take them to bed that night and sleep with them. That's a privilege.



While Jack was playing with Gram I had the extraordinary opportunity to sit down with my PaPa. He had a cd with a lot of old photo's of his family that he showed me and some others who were there, and then I started to ask him questions about my family history. The next weekend I was going to teach a lesson in YW's entitled "Heritage," and I realized that I didn't really know much about mine... embarrassing but true. So I took the opportunity to question my Gram and PaPa while I was there.
Papa and I had a truly wonderful time. We talked for a good two and a half hours I think. I learned so many wonderful things that made me so grateful for those who have gone before me, and made me really happy to be who I am. I have pioneer ancestry. I never even knew...
It's hard to even put in to words how much it meant to me that my PaPa spent that time with me. It was such a good bonding moment, and I will never forget it.
Monday morning before we left we had to get pictures of Alaster in Grandma Luella's chair. She has pictures of all of her descendants in it.

Now here is Alaster in his chair on the ride home. He did so much better than I thought he would! A few inconvenient poopy diapers in the middle of no-where, but other than that he did great! He was the pooper...

and Jack was the puker. The poor kid gets so car sick. Thank goodness for dramamine. I didn't give it to him that morning because I didn't know how very sick he would get, but we got some for him at lunch and the rest of the trip was better. At lunch we were talking about him and he kind of sighed and said "I'm a puker." It's true. (Whit if you are reading this- does that picture of Alaster remind you of another picture of another little boy in a car seat going to Ramah?)

And then there was this sweet little girl:

They all did a really good job all things considering. Ash and I had such a good time too. Being in the back of the van was totally reminicent of days gone by. A little bit of our old selves came back to us and we had a lot of fun being goofy. The way down when the kids slept the whole way was especially fun. If only Cal and Chris could have been there it would have been complete...

All in all a fabulous trip. Thanks again to the Harris Family for the invite! We love you guys!
4 comments:
Hooray for Ramah part two! I loved the stories and all the pics. The one of Jack in bed with the horses is priceless! Love it! Also, that pic of Aly in the car seat looks so much like the one we have of Jack...wow! How fun and how darling are your little boys! What a fun post, and vacation!
What a fun trip! I can't believe how much Alaster has grown up and looks like Jack. How is Corey's schooling? Yes I would be honored if you had me as your friend on your blog page.
AWWW. It made me so happy to see my kids on your blog. Nick is so cute helping Jack make a basket and playing with your baby. I am so glad you got to go down and visit.
How sweet!! I loved Jack's Puker comment and the pic of Ally in the swing! I miss you guys! We need to get together soon!
Post a Comment