My History

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Guilty

Would you like to know how my day was? It ended with my child looking right into my eyes for the following conversation:

"Did you work mommy?" (I had been in the bedroom on the computer)

"Yes."

"You're a bad mommy."

I immediately buried my face into my hands and burst into tears, because today I felt he was right, and it only partly had to do with work. I am so dissapointed in myself tonight.

You'll notice that I put a new button on my side bar for an adorable Blog by Stephanie Nielsen. Don't read it if you are even remotely feeling bad about yourself as a mother. It will not help matters. If you are in an okay place and just want to be inspired by an amazing woman, an amazing family, and an amazing story... then go ahead and proceed. You will fall in love with them just like I did, and the rest of the world too.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Ash- you're one of the best mommies I know. I read YOUR blog and feel like an awful mom!