
Here are a few pictures I forgot to post of Jack's first lessons. I take him to the Murray Park Center every Tuesday and Thursday for a 40 minute lesson. His teachers name is Erica, and he has four fellow class mates. It is pretty much adorable. The teacher is really good with them, and I can't believe how well he has done.
Prior to swimming lessons every trip to the pool he was attached to my hip and would not let go pretty much the entire time. He NEVER put his head in the water, and was just all around cautious. I could get him to jump to me off the side, but that was by far the most exciting thing.
I thought the first day would be torture, and I geared myself up for a big dramatic scene at the pool, but he walked right into the water himself before the lessons even started. He was splashing, laying down in the water, exploring... all kinds of things. I wondered why he has been holding out on my this whole time?!? Silly Child.

The first three lessons at the end he cried and cried because he didn't want to leave. I think now that he knows he will be coming back frequently he is okay at the end of class. He always gives his teacher a big high five and screams "BYE TEACHER!!! I have to GO!"

It's also been fun for Alaster and I. We watch Jack for part of the lesson, but the rest of the time we wander in the halls and play with each other. It's been some really good one on one time with him, and trust me Jack doesn't miss us at all. I think he has REALLY enjoyed having something of his OWN. All his. "You can't come in the pool with me mom." "Their MY swimming lessons."
3 comments:
okay but what I really want to know is did he or did he not take off his swimsuit on the last lesson? ;)
How fun for your kids...you are a great mom and your last blog about feeling guilty distrubed me a little..Ash I know you always want to be and do the best for you children and put them first but also IT IS OK to do a little work and have time for yourself. from all your blogs believe me..your a great mom
I love this little boys stories. His pics are so darling! Hooray for "his" swimming lessons!
Post a Comment