
I feel love for my boys every day of course, but sometimes I have really TENDER days, where for whatever reason I just REALLY love them that day. That... I just can't get enough of you, please don't ever change, I just want to hug and kiss and squeeze you all over... kind of gushy mother love.
The past couple of days I have been feeling that way about Alaster.
Please indulge me as I record a few things about Mr. O'Malley that I LOVE.
Without anyone teaching him how he has started to fold his arms for family prayers.
He tries so hard to be big and grown up like his brother Jack. He tries to dress himself, bathe himself, put his own socks and shoes on, feed himself etc. It also makes him really sad when he just is not allowed to do things like brother. For instance, he was really sad the other day when I wouldn't let him put on Jack's roller skates when Jack was done. He looked up at me with his big, brown eyes and grunted at me in this "WHY?!? I want to do it too!" kind of way. So sad.
He is silly... but ONLY around Jack and Corey and I. He doesn't share his silly side with everyone. Someday I hope he shows other people, but for now I will just consider myself lucky that he shows it to us. He is especially silly before bedtime.
I think one of my TOP favorite things about Alaster is how he makes Corey smile. He does his adorable little baby things and we watch and then I love to see Corey just shake his head, let out a big breath and smile in this "You are so cute it's kind of ridiculous," way. He has said more than a few times "He really is the cutest baby EVER." I think Alaster was a special gift to Corey and I to keep us smiling as we push through this difficult phase of life. Aly can ALWAYS make Corey smile... no matter what kind of day he has had, or mood he is in.
He has hit that really inquisitive stage. He likes to examine things up close with his dimply little fingers to see what they are and how they work. He spent an hour with a flashlight this week before bedtime taking it apart and putting it back together again. His chubby little fingers doing such intricate work (for a 14 month old anyway) like twisting on and off the lid was just... OH! You know?
Aly:
I love your fingers, your chubby cheeks, and the way you stick your tongue out in your little mouth. I love the way you waddle when you try to run away from me when I just can't stop kissing you, or when it's time to go to bed. I love the way you tolerates the things that I make you do that babies just don't understand. I love the way your hair sticks out and reminds me of a ducks tail when you wake up from sleeping. I love the way you always want to be outside leading me and Jack wherever your chubby little legs and diapered bum can carry you. I love the way you grunt and point to show me what you need. I love the shape of your mouth in your cry face. I love the way you wave at everyone who will notice you. I love how your ears stick out and sometimes are the only physical quality of you that I think we share. I love how you hold on to your favorite blanky for comfort as you fall asleep. I love how you reach for me to hold you. I love how you gulp down water from a sippy cup like you haven't had a drink in centuries after some light playing in your room. I love the way you brings me books to read to you. I love the way you fit perfectly on my lap when you want to rest and hang out. I love the way you light up our home, and make me want to be a better person. Thank you for being the Sunshine in our home.





1 comment:
I LOVE this post! What a darling baby, and what a fun way to honor his presence in your life! He is a sweetie! Thanks for sharing this! It was so sweet to read.
Post a Comment