After the last session of Conference on Sunday we decided to shake off that "I've been sitting for WAY too long," feeling and we headed off to the canyon on a whim.
We just drove until we saw somewhere we could pull off. It happened to be a nice paved trail head that was just long enough, but also not TOO long for our little guys.
The sights were BEAUTIFUL.
We made a goal to get out in REAL nature more often. The park is nice, but it's so refreshing to be out in the real deal. We have plans to go back to this same spot to take some good family photos.
By the end of the day I was so uplifted by the fantastic general conference, the trip up to the canyon, and just an all around wonderful day spent with the people I love most that I really felt like it was CHRISTMAS come EARLY.
It was one of those "It just doesn't get any better than this." Kind of feelings. I was DREADING Monday because I just DIDN'T WANT IT TO END.
GRATITUDE was certainly a theme of this conference, or at least to me it felt that way. Perhaps I just got that message strongly because that's what I needed to feel. Either way I decided to take Elder Bednar's Challenge To offer a prayer to only express gratitude for my blessings. That evening before I went to bed I knelt down and offered my gratitude prayer to Heavenly Father. I found it alarmingly EASY. Truly I have been blessed. I think I am going to make it a goal that each week on my personal Sunday evening prayer to repeat this experience.
It was a really wonderful way to feel the love of My Heavenly Father, and to take time and recognize HIS HAND in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment